Model Of The Month: Large Scale NBSG Colonial Shuttle

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MTK, Apr 2, 2011.

1. MTK

MTK Active Member

Worked on the unfold and textures yet again... Since I've been honered with the model of the month thingy, I want to make sure I really get this right. When I did the first maquette I noticed that some of the color and detail was lost in the printing, so I went back and played with the texture some more. I then imported the model into three different CG programs to see how they handled the textures. There are a couple of shots from Bryce 7.0. Will show the lightwave and Daz shots in a later post. I also got rid of the yellow engine glow and replaced it with the blue-plasma we all see in the show.

Attached Files:

2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Oh man that is so cool!! Incredibly excellent!
  3. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thank you. Edit to remove whiney comments. :mrgreen:
  4. MTK

MTK Active Member

OK, I've just about got this wrapped up, all I have left is a few little fiddly bits that I need to work out. I would like some input from prospective builders..... More, or less parts? Considering the size of the model as scaled, I thought it would be better to have more tabs, more connections and more parts to add rigidity wo neccesitating formers. Any thoughts.

I've uploaded a couple of photos to show how different software programs handle textures. These are simple textures, but each program deals with them differently. As you can see, the Lightwave screen shows that LW doesn't handle this main texture very well.

Attached Files:

5. MTK

MTK Active Member

All done! Will have the blog updated and the model ready for DL this weekend!
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I was just watching the Episode where President Roalyn was aboard that shuttle and they were all looking for her, my sons starts yelling, there's MTK's Shuttle, Pause, rewind, "There's MTK's Shuttle". Done very well, I might add!
  7. MTK

MTK Active Member

LOL! ROTFLMAO! LOL!:thumb:
  8. MTK

MTK Active Member

Just in case anyone's wondering what's taking so long.... I'm going over the entire model and all of the parts one last time before I post this and host it. I've been working out all of the little fiddly bits to make sure that it's as easy as possible to assemble this.

Attached Files:

9. MTK

MTK Active Member

High Res No Lines PDF.....

[​IMG]

More to come.......
  10. MTK

MTK Active Member

The blog has been updated with the original build and new printing has been sent out to do the modified build. Hope someone else gives this a shot. No further updates to follow, please check out the blog, thanks.
  11. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Got it, thanks buddy :)
  12. MTK

MTK Active Member

Did you have any problems? Some said they couldn't get the DL...???:confused:
  13. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

No problems whatsoever. Even got it on my flashdrive ready to print out when I go to town tomorrow :thumb:
  14. MTK

MTK Active Member

Cool beans, can't wait to see your build!:mrgreen:
  15. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Got it! Woo Hoo! Thank You very much!!
  16. MTK

MTK Active Member

Glad you got it, sorry it was a problem. Take care.:thumb:
  17. MTK

MTK Active Member

So.......???? Anyone doing any builds on this? I'm having difficulty getting the model back from the printer. Don't know what the problem is, but I probably need to send him another e-mail. Will update as soon as U get ver2.0 back from the printer.
  18. MTK

MTK Active Member

Just got the beast back from the printer today. Will get on this ASAP. Will probably work on this while working on the Steampunk Areo Carriage.

Keep on Trekkin!