Mistakes made

Biggerhammer

Shamus, thank you for the advice ... and the inspiration. I just about drooled at the thought of getting my bridge to look more like yours
biggrin.gif

Woodie

I've put my track to close to the edge. Prized hand made passenger car is now in a 1000 pieces.... (concrete floor). My own personal Titanic of railroads, and on it's maiden run too
frown.gif
.... (well it went down as far, before hitting the bottom!) Moved my layout on to carpet now, and going to extend the edge by about 6 inches or so. Knew i shouldn't have tried it full throttle
frown.gif

TOOT!

kf4jqd

Woodie:

I have done the samething! At our local club, we have a safety railing around the edge of the table. However, the track is still about a foot away from the edge. I also learned the same hard lesson!
frown.gif

Andy

shamus

Registered Member
Hello biggerhammer, There is an article on how to make these bridges which I wrote and is now in the Academy/Archive for all to read, tells you how to make the jigs for a trestle.

If you need help, just ask.
shamus

Biggerhammer

Shamus, I'm new to the forum but I've heard more than a few comments about your miniatures- in particular Susan. The picture link is broken in the post. Would you mind reposting a few pictures of your miniatures?

Thank you, for the pictures, the advice and above all for helping quite a few beginners like me!

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Biggerhammer,
Sorry, Susan is way out of your league
rolleyes.gif

I have just posted two photo's of my scratchbuilt structures, one in N-scale and the other in HO in (HO Scale Model Trains)
By the way, what camera did you use for the photo's on your website?

http://www.badger-creek.co.uk

shamus

[This message has been edited by shamus (edited 04-19-2001).]

Biggerhammer

It was a coworker's Canon Powershot S100. The camera is better than those pictures would suggest, I was hurrying to get such photos as I could before the battery went entirely dead.
In a week or so I hope to have more pictures (and more useful pictures) of the bridge up.