Mini video cams

Pitchwife

Dreamer
The one thing I have not heard in the discussion on rechargable NiCad batteries is their old nemisis, memory. :eek: Having been through my share of nicads for my camcorder I know that even if you run them dead as is recomended to maintain a long memory life, they still evenntually die. :mad: And when you consider the cost of new ones, cheap alkalines don't sound so bad. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

boppa

Pitchwife said:
The one thing I have not heard in the discussion on rechargable NiCad batteries is their old nemisis, memory. :eek: Having been through my share of nicads for my camcorder I know that even if you run them dead as is recomended to maintain a long memory life, they still evenntually die. :mad: And when you consider the cost of new ones, cheap alkalines don't sound so bad. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

actuallly the 9v ones arent too bad, i pay 19.95 aussie dollars for the 7.2 v ones and i paid just under 30 dollars for a true 9v nicad for my multimeter
at 2.50 a pop for energisers- they would have to fail in under 12 recharge cycles to be more expensive

memory effect isnt that bad-i worked for a solar place that used nicads for elec fences-they lasted normlly 2-3 years on a daily charge/partial discharge cycle-and inside the cases often hits over 60 degrees celcius!! and had very few (in fact hardly any at all that i can remember-the sealed leadacids had a far higher failure rate)

Pitchwife

Dreamer
They must have been using some really good nicads. All of the off-the-shelf ones that I ever got worked good for a while, but sooner or later they just wouldn't hold a charge. :cry: :mad: :curse:

boppa

sanyo kdrh's
expensive but not exsessively so (20 bucks australian per pair)-about twice the pric of over the counter stuff-but 4ah d cells against the normal 1.6ah d's most people buy
they are the ones used for those battery backed up exit signs that you see in public buildings

Woodie

shaygetz said:
That and the ability to control the camera thru DCC chips which my supplier is currently working on. I'd love to see or develop a miniature panning device for the added ability to "look" from side to side like an engineer.

Wouldn't one of those "tortiose" (slow-mo) switch motors do this for you if hooked up to a pivot base right?

Lightbender

Currently getting this cam to work with the guts from a R/C car.

TurretCam004.sized.jpg

Woodie

Fabby little mechanism, Tony. But mounted in a loco, or on a flat car, how do you intent to control it? Or is the mechanism from a "radio controlled" car? (steering bits)??

Lightbender

Hi guys,

The mechanism shown is all Lego parts and is actuated by the R/C receiver (not shown). The original idea was to use the car parts but the Lego proved quicker and easier.