Mini TOS Viper build

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ekuth

Got to toying around with Gearz' itty-bitty viper model today...

Did a clean-up/repaint of the file and enlarged it a tad, just for fun.

Results:

P3080024.JPG P3080025.JPG P3080026.JPG P3080028.JPG

Just a quick little project, maybe 1 hour build altogether. My hands aren't accustomed to the tiny stuff anymore. sign1

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Soaring

Egad! It's beautiful! :)

Off topic: I have the same ruler as you.....

Gearz

Yep.. missed this one, ~ well done! he looks great .!. You just need a production line now, so you can spit out a squadron or two for your Big G.. Have you done any calculation for scale ekuth ? as in how small would a Viper need to be to match your MEGA. G..?

:thumb:

Very nice indeed. Tiny builds are the hardest I find (which is why I gravitate toward huge models)...how in the heck did you get those engine tubes so perfect!?

E

ekuth

Thanks, guys. Just more of a playing around than a serious attempt.

@gearz: I figure if I shrink this thing by about 1/2 to 2/3 it'll be about right. We'll see how small I can get it when I hit the launch bay area.

@Darmat: Hehehe. Ancient Chinese Secret. No, actually my trick is in my toolbox. I have lengths of wooden dowels of different diameters that are about 12" long and I always pre-roll my cylinders around the next smallest diameter than the actual finished cylinder will be. As for gluing the puppies, I use a variety of hemostats. I have everything from "itty bitty" to "what the hell would you use something this size for".

@CJTK: I actually think that after I'm done with the Big G here, I may dev a super detailed Viper... :rolleyes:

Gearz

mmm... 1/2 ~ 2/3 isn't toooo bad ~ not microscope material! For your production line you could place the engine tubes/textures in one long continuos line, like soup can labels, and just slice em off per engine.. lol + a few teeny tiny Cylon raiders would be kewl as well..

A super detailed Viper ! Now thats brain gravy ...* With removable cowling and the turbines in the engine nacelles!!! + Big enough to fit a figure in the cockpit + a 1:1 scale joystick ~ (model in one hand and joystick in the other, so you can fly wingman while watching the show lol ) + some sort of sound circuitry / effects would be kewl, but with a Viper in hand, I'd have way more fun making my own. Whooooossssh... peeooow- peeoooow-peeooow... A 'superD' Viper would be a great project !!

Gearz

lol maybe your right, cause I can't help myself ~ there's to much juicy stuff here..

Here you go ekuth, a mini Raider for your Big G .. sorry only spent an hour or so on it and I didn't have time to test it, so I have no idea if its build-able, probably a few flaps missing/ misplaced etc.. + the lower engine intakes are a bit dodgy at the rear.. I've scaled it as close as I could to the mini Viper by eye..

zoom zoom !

:mrgreen:

Attachments

• ReallyReducedRaider.zip
    278.1 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.