Mini Scenes

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
I am a great believer in mini scenes. To me, they bring life to an otherwise drab looking area.
Take for instance the guy on the bench, he hasn't noticed the bear yet, also that poor chap in the tub getting cleaned up after a hard days work, might have to leave in a hurry without his cloths.
It’s the little things like this and many more theatre pieces, which bring a layout to life.

miniscene01.jpg

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
You're right, Shamus. Little scenes like that really make a big difference.

I really like those bushes/small trees you have in the background. Those are some nice little details.

Just out of curiosity, what's the story on the clothes on the line? Did you buy those or make them yourself?

-Rory

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Shamus,
I can hear the guy in the tub right now sayin' "yup, sometimes it's near nine o'clock 'for my shirt's dry enough to go to bed".

Kidding aside, the miniscene really does add to the overall feel of the layout, and can create all kinds of "stories" in the minds of the viewers.
Pete.

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
no clothes?

BDC,
I suppose if Shamus put him in the tub, with no clothes on, then he would have a "nude scene" and have to get the censors to classify his layout!! An "R" rated layout..... no kiddies allowed?? :eek: :eek:

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I think that;s a way for those Badger Creek loggers to knock out bath & laundry all at once! :D
Besides that, if you've got hungry bears coming around, you don't want to "get caught with your pants down"! :D :D

Here's a mini scene that I made to cover up some flaws in the scenery...A pile of junk, a board fence, & a parked tank truck provide a backdrop for a couple of guys standing in the alley talking, & help merge the modeled scenery with the printed backdrop.

Attachments

• mvc-021f.jpg
    mvc-021f.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 157

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Gang,
I have changed the photo, now I have a NUDE in the tub. Now I shall get some flack.

Dave Harris

Feb 20, 2001
Las Vegas Nv.
Visit site
Anytime you have figures (people especially) they should tell a story,. You should be able to look at them & know what is going on. Thats the general rule we try to follow on the Clover Valley R/R & the Tule Springs & Western R/R. It gives the viewer much fun to figure out what each scene tells them. Right on with the SAT BATH Shamus !!