Millimodels?

David Hathaway

Oct 19, 2007
correct

Yes - I am "Paper Shipwright". I have been a "lurker" here for a while but as a satified customer of Millimodels I felt I had to say something.

David

tjblundell

Oct 30, 2007
Yes,My favourite model of yours is 'TRSS Brighton'Because its a little like the titanic.I am TITANIC MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loadmat

Oct 25, 2007
David -

I have many of your monitors that I bought thru Hobby Factory - Outstanding work. Do you have any other early Euro or ACW Riverine goodies in the pipeline?

Thanks Again

Loadmat

David Hathaway

Oct 19, 2007
I have a number of different projects on the go at the moment - but I can't be specific about which models or dates :-( Keep an eye on the website.
David

Millimodels

Mar 26, 2007
Lancaster, UK.
A pair of Millimodels on ebay.

I have just put a pair of my Millimodels on ebay. The other pair should follow in due course.
I've been occupied with other things recently as we've been trying to sell our house and move. As a result lots of things have been moved out of sight in a desperate attempt to de-clutter the house. I hope we might have come to the end of the selling phase, but once we move I expect not to be able to find things again for a while!

Robin Madge

Millimodels

Mar 26, 2007
Lancaster, UK.
Millimodel sizes

My kits are to 1/200 scale and each comes as a set of six 3 1/2" x 5" cards enclosed in a paper wrapper, the same style as the old Micromodels and in the same scale range (they varied a bit).
Each of my sets so far provides a complete train, whereas the Micromodels sets were usually a pair of or three locos.
I have more information on building them (and photos) at Millimodels card/paper railway model kits.

Robin Madge

tjblundell

Oct 30, 2007
I dont want to be rood or anthing like that,but would it be possible if you could e-mail me one of your models,in A4 Scale? If so,Iwill send you a email in due course.

tim

Millimodels

Mar 26, 2007
Lancaster, UK.
I have just put my latest model onto ebay. It is a Great Western 45xx class tank engine with goods train in a livery appropriate for around 1935.

I'm attaching a photo of the test build. The loco is 57mm long.

I have given thought to producing my models at another scale but that would give a very different feel to the models. So far I have been trying to capture the feel of the old Micromodels, but hopefully with more detail. However, to take the models up to a larger size I wouldn't be happy without adding more detail to them. To get an exhibition finish would, I feel, need a gloss finish in a larger scale to give the feeling of polished painted metal. I'm not yet convinced that photo paper is OK to work with.

Attachments

• P6080074.jpg
    P6080074.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 14

tjblundell

Oct 30, 2007
Another question,(still do not want to be rood)but could you e-mail me the L&Y Goods Set please?Same thing applies about my e-mail.

Millimodels

Mar 26, 2007
Lancaster, UK.
Sorry, but I only produce my models on card at the moment and have not gone into researching whether it is cost effective to have them available as downloads.