Millenniumfalsehood's "Beta" (Star Wars) Modified Corellian Corvette

F131

F131
Hi all-
About a year ago, Millenniumfalsehood asked if I would like to build a beta version of his modified corellian corvette. One thing led to another, and it got placed in my file cabinet and forgotten until now. Somehow, I lost the original pdo file, so I am building the ship using screen images. So far, so good.:thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0848.jpg
    IMG_0848.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0850.jpg
    IMG_0850.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Modified-Corellian-Corvette.jpg
    Modified-Corellian-Corvette.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 276

F131

F131
Attaching the hammer head to the spine required some relief cuts to make them fit, but everything else is fitting well.

Attachments

• IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0854.jpg
    IMG_0854.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 13

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Everything looks good and it looks like you are off to a good start.
It also looks like you have your work cut out for you (please excuse the pun), with not having the PDO or other instructions to go by (with the exception of just the picture that you posted).

Rogerio Silva

F131

If my poor English serves me right, you wrote that you're building it from scratch, using only images? Is that right? If that is the case, oh, my! When will I ever become that good?
I never cease to be impressed and amazed in Zealot!
Great work!

F131

F131
F131

If my poor English serves me right, you wrote that you're building it from scratch, using only images? Is that right? If that is the case, oh, my! When will I ever become that good?
I never cease to be impressed and amazed in Zealot!
Great work!

No Sir, I am not that talented to build something from scratch. I am building someone else's "test" build (to make sure everything fits) before it gets released to everyone.

F131

F131
I am using a fair amount of cardboard for the mail hull, due to it's larger size and just liking rigidity to my models. I'm not quit sure how I am going to attach the spine to the hull. I might need to create a form out of balsa wood.

Attachments

• IMG_0856.jpg
    IMG_0856.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0859.jpg
    IMG_0859.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 8

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
It looks to me like it needs some internal formers.
Other then that, you are doing a GREAT job.

F131

F131
Thanks, RB. The primary hull, with formers, went together very well and should support the spine/hammer and engines with no sag. I added cardboard guide tabs on the hull to spread apart the spine (which wants to contract) when I connect the two sections. It should work.

Attachments

• IMG_0860.jpg
    IMG_0860.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 8

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
It looks like it is really starting to come together rather nicely. That looks like a rather precarious balancing act that you have going there.

For not having any kind of instructions, you are doing a FNATASTIC job on it.

Wow this model is very very nice and you're doing a great job !!
I like the size of this one and you said it's going to be published :) ?

I'll be following this project with great interrest.

Cheers,
Elko

F131

F131
Thanks for the encouragement, I'm going to need it for the 11 engines I need to build.
ShadowHawk, the last I read from MF (3-12)is he was doing a few tweeks, but minus cutting down the size of the fold flaps and removing a few, everything seems to be fitting well. I do hope he will be kind enough to resend the original/newer file to me so I can use the .PDO viewer to figure out the engine configuration. There are a few parts that I can't see on the MCC images.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm going to need it for the 11 engines I need to build.
ShadowHawk, the last I read from MF (3-12)is he was doing a few tweeks, but minus cutting down the size of the fold flaps and removing a few, everything seems to be fitting well. I do hope he will be kind enough to resend the original/newer file to me so I can use the .PDO viewer to figure out the engine configuration. There are a few parts that I can't see on the MCC images.

Do you mean that you can't complete the model unless you get MF's pdo file ?
That would be a real bummer because the model and how you build it looks very very nice :thumb:

Cheers,
Elko

Millenniumfalsehood

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I tend to hop between hobbies, and for the last few weeks I've been on a real "gaming miniatures" phase. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can't find any of my old files in my computer from when I converted the XWAU models to MQO format. I also can't find the PDO files. I theorize they were lost when I transferred my files from an old laptop to my new one.

The good news is that a) all the Star Destroyers I had finished are in the downloads section already, and b) I emailed the PDO of the Modified Corvette to F-131 so I can still recover it. :mrgreen:

I'll look through my old emails and see if I can find it. Hopefully it hasn't been automatically purged.

EDIT: Good news, everyone! I found it! :D I'll submit it to the downloads section ASAP. It's pretty much ready to go as-is. The tweaks that it might need really wouldn't affect the build.

Wow that is good news !!! :mrgreen:
The corvettte is a fantastic ship and this model looks great !!

I have to confess my stupidity though :eek:ops:

I downloaded a couple things from the download section here earlier but never realy looked at what was actualy there.
Today I did a search on Milleniumfalshood and stumbled on the "Large Imperial Warships" thread...........:eek:

Those ISD's are magnificent !!!!!

The most rediculous part is, is that I started upscaling and detailing Makino's ISD becuase I wanted a bigger one wall1

I've been working on the jpg files but things were going slow and now I find THIS !!!!

I know it's a late thank you Milleniumfalshood but it's comming right from my heart. I used to (yes used to) have the plastic ISD that Airfix put on the market, it's the same as the MPC one I think.
Thrue time, work, marriage, kids, moving to another house twice I somehow lost track of where it flew off to :-( and that always bothered me.

Now I can build a new one that looks even better and BIGGER !!!

So thank you sincerely.

Two questions though, are you going to finish the rest you talked about in that thread like the Nebulon B ?
And the other question: There are two ISD II version in the download section, are they different ?

Uhg, I'm still in shock I didn't see these gems any earlier.

Cheers and all the best to the both of you F131 and Milleniumfalshood.

Elko

Millenniumfalsehood

First, thank you very much for the patronage and compliments. :mrgreen:

Now, when I sent the models in I clearly labeled them. I guess Zathros just mislabeled them when he put them in for me (I'll have to PM him about that). All the Star Destroyers I sent in were different, so you can download them all with confidence. I am waiting for them to upgrade the ISD2 because the one I put in the downloads section is just a stretched version of the ISD1, and there are a lot of differences besides proportions. The others I sent in were the Victory I and II and three versions of the Venator class.

Also, did Airfix release a Star Destroyer? I thought that was just MPC and AMT.

I'll probably start working on them again, since my current semester is only five hours (I really over-did it last semester and I just need a nice, easy ride to cool off this time around). The thing is, as I said, I lost all the files I converted, so I just stopped working on them. But Ill probably work on them again. I'm REALLY interested in converting the XWAU Executor. That thing would be freaking SWEET at like three or four feet. It would be the centerpiece of my Star Wars model collection for sure. It probably wouldn't be in scale with my other models (1:2400, IIRC), but I'll probably rescale the Imperial class and include it with the model. Heck, why not five Star Destroyers so you can make Death Squadron. :wink:

Seriously, I'm really considering doing at least the Nebulon-B because I love that design. I just need to re-download them and remember what program I used to convert them to 3DS so Metasequoia can read them.

@Milleniumfalshood

Fantastic to hear that you're gonna pick it up again !!

I downloaded five models here:

2 Victory SD's
2 ISD's II
1 ISD i
1 Republic SD

I can't see any differences in the Victory's and the ISD II's though.
And there just one RSD so not the color variations.

I just had a look at the XWAU website and that Executor looks amazing !!
There are a lot of very nice models though.

If I could ever have the liberty to make a request then I would choose the Rebel Medium Transport aka Gallofree (the one that looks like a whale:mrgreen:)
Someone made a model of it once but it's very simple, I saw some scratchbuild of the Gallofree on the internet that looked awesome but that was a one off.

I used to have a huge collection of SW plastic models, all that is left are some bits and pieces (I know it's sad).
I was waay younger back then and thrue time stuff got moved around etc. and got lost. Maybe my parrents gave away a great portion of it I don't know.
Now that I have some more time on my hands I wanna see if I can bring back that collection in papermodels.

Of what I can remember I had the following models....

AT-AT
AT-ST
AT-AT hoth display with Gallofree, Millenium Falcon, Snowspeeder, etc.
Imperial Stardestroyer
Tyderium Shuttle
X-Wing 2x small and big
Snowspeeder
Tie Fighter plus an Interceptor and Vader's Tie
B-Wing
Millenium Falcon scale 1/72
A-wing
Speeder Bike
R2-D2
C3P0
Deathstar by AMT

Most models were from AMT or MPC
The ISD was from Airfix but the same as the MPC one I think.
Airfix published some US models here in Europe (the Netherlands where I live).

So I still have a lot of catching up yo do if I want to bring back my collection.
Your ISD's are a fantastic start though !!

I just started papercrafting so I'm doing some smaller easier models first to learn the skills. After that I hope I can make the ISD's etc. so that they look good too :)

Enough talk.......:)

Cheers man and all the best (with your study too).

Elko