Millennium Falcon Cockpit from UHU02

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Here is another update on this wonderful project.
67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

78.jpg

Yes, the door does slide open and close.
79.jpg

As you can see, there are many greebles for those of you who like to add additional details (like me)! thumbsup:wink::sticktongue::bulgeeye:
80.jpg

90.jpg

This is coming together beautifully!!!

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
O-M-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise:

Holy! I really don't know if I should post it here because some of you may get a heart attack when you see it...

OK, please, get your pills and return to the screen with a bucket full o' money because you will need plenty of it for the swear box!!!

I'll be back in a flash..! :pompus:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
107.jpg

108.jpg

109_2.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

Time to increase the dizziness factor:

113.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

119.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

122.jpg

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

If I understood correctly, UHU02 glues several parts back to back to increase their strength. While doing so he folds the outer frame into its designated position and then glues the textured inner parts to it while it is still bent. This makes sure that the parts fit well together and do not "crumble" in the edges. (BTW, I do that with my models, too ;) .)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
127.jpg

Now that all pieces have been prepared UHU02 begins attaching them according to his god-like plan:

128.jpg

129.jpg

Either @uhu02 's hand is very small or it's gonna be a HUGE model!!! ;) :D

130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

The floor has been attached with double-sided tape because of its size. UHU feared that the pieces would warp if he had glued them in traditionally.

133.jpg

134.jpg

135.jpg

Somehow this reminds me of Elstree Studios back in 1976...

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

I think you can already see the master plan...

141.jpg

YES!!! The side walls are REMOVABLE!!! You are free to display the cockpit with open or with closed walls. UHU has provided a joint which will suffice, however, he gives the tip to use magnets to holds the walls in place. He says:

"People who have plenty of time and money may well put in magnets." (from Google translator)

Ah well, I am a poor guy and never have enough time for anything...:laughrolling: thumbsup :)

142.jpg