Millennium Falcon Cockpit from UHU02

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Revell-Fan is sick and in bed (he has a bad cold) and has asked me to update this thread. I hope that he feels better and gets well very soon!!!

So without further ado, here is what @uhu02 done thus far.

It looks like he has finished the back panels of the cockpit.
08.jpg

Here is a closeup!
As you can see, there is HUGE potential for greebling! :wink::yesyes:thumbsup
07.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
No Wienerschnitzel for you R.F.!!! :(

With the resolution of the pictures posted, it may be possible to make a huge one of these!! :drinksmile:

Reactions: Revell-Fan

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
It looks like the GREAT MASTER (@uhu02) has posted updates to this wonderful and interesting project!
It looks like he has started laying out the parts sheets. (As I said before, it looks like there is going to be a great deal of greebling potential. :):yesyes::wink:thumbsup)
10.jpg

Here is more 3D work and figuring out the components.
11.jpg

Here are both sides of the back wall of the cockpit.
09.jpg

Stay tuned to your local Imperial channel for further updates. :hide:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
WOOOW! The slim red line on one of the parts looks like an opening for the door. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, could it be that the door will actually slide???

Tonino

Apr 15, 2004
Republic of San Marino
www.facebook.com
I understood (with the limits of Google japanese translation) he's doing some study about plausibility of movie sets (legs falling out of the cabin and door passing through starship surfaces...) trying to build something reconciling the external look of the cockpit with the internal details in a logical way... Perhaps this preludes to an operating door.... :D
I'm every hour more and more hungry... I want more!!!!

Reactions: Enterpriser10

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I don't see why the door can't be on hinges. I've seen some pretty whacky hinges on aircraft that have really odd shaped doors. My useless 2 cents worth. :)

paper hollywood

What an interesting exercise for The Man to do this time. I never realized that you'd have to do a chop job on your Han and Chewie figures to fit the into the cockpit. Film designers need to stop cheating and always make things fit. I doubt if he'll get around to the rest of Falcon at that scale. It would be 9.5 feet across. Not many folks in Japan have that much display space.