Millenium Falcon model in the newsstand.

Tonino

Apr 15, 2004
Republic of San Marino
www.facebook.com
Italian editor De Agostini is publishing this BIG model that will be in the newsstands for next 100 weeks!
It's one of the many StarWars related projects to raise money from the many fans around the world.
I just was wondering if anyone knows this model and if it was previously released under other publishers in your countries. The model looks nice but, after a rapid calculation, it isn't worth the expense: 12,99 euros for 100 weeks sounds like almost 1300 euros!!!! :eek: Are you crazy :wacky::wacky::wacky:??? Only @berszu's model -perhaps- would deserve such a valutation, and it's NOT for sale (I think)!!

Anyone saw this thing before?

collection-img.jpg

Attachments

• hotspot-abitacolo.png
    hotspot-abitacolo.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 29
  • hotspot-interni-dettagliati_1.png
    hotspot-interni-dettagliati_1.png
    305.1 KB · Views: 69
  • hotspot-motori.png
    hotspot-motori.png
    245.6 KB · Views: 29
  • hotspot-parti-mobili.png
    hotspot-parti-mobili.png
    347.4 KB · Views: 29
  • img-4.jpg
    img-4.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 27
  • img-5.jpg
    img-5.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 27
  • img-6.jpg
    img-6.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 31
  • cover-img-header.jpg
    cover-img-header.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 29

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
As you said Tonino, nice looking model, not worth the price! (gulp) Interesting that an "updated" MF (to match the Force Unleashed version - rectangular radar) is not doing the rounds yet.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
This is in fact old news. The edition was offered a few months ago. They launched a test shot of four issues in several countries (Germany, GB and the US) and started to collect subscriptions. The number of the subsciptions decided whether the part work was continued or not. Here are some thoughts and many pictures by Ian Lawrence:

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipdeagofalcon.html

The lines at the bottom of the first page are the most interesting ones.

DeAgostini has already launched many part works before and until now they have completed them all; I have their first edition Star Wars Fact File.

So far the issues have not been continued in Germany (yet), but it was said that it will be in the near future (whatever that means ;) ).

HOWEVER: The lack of detailing and the huge number of wrong detail is a missed opportunity. It is impressive, that's for sure. But that's only size-wise. If you are looking for THE ultimate MF model, just call Berszu. :)

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
DA has just announced that the German edition of the part work will be launched in January, FYI. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
This is the part of Star Wars, (well , some of the any many many parts) that I just don't like. The scans will be up soon enough in the usual places, and this time, justifiably. If they sold one paper for $20 bucks, then O.K., but this is highway robbery, for a mediocre model. IMHO, my two cents worth.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
@zathros : Which scans? This is a plastic model with a metal armature and electronics. There are no paper plans to scan..! ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
ooooooohh! That's quite different. That could be quite the collectors piece and might be worth something 20 years from now, when they release the next 3 movies!!

How come no one has posted any pictures of it? Went there with Facebook, it says "Closed Group" and showed no pictures?

paulhbell

Sep 23, 2009
These are photos I just took of mine, there are more completed parts as well, gun ports etc. The ramp moves with a motor, the cockpit, engines, ramp and other areas have led lights. A lot of members of that facebook group have repainted the hull. There are people designing extra parts on shapeways as well. I thought this had already been released in the US.

Attachments

• 20151214_203721.jpg
    20151214_203721.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 25
  • 20151214_203738.jpg
    20151214_203738.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 26
  • 20151214_203843.jpg
    20151214_203843.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: Tonino

Tonino

Apr 15, 2004
Republic of San Marino
www.facebook.com
I'm sure it can turn to a really good model with some detail and a complete repainting.
The link posted by @Revell-Fan demonstrates this VERY well.
But it's simply too expensive, really far beyond the value of its components. The publisher relies on the fact that those models are exclusive, that you can't find them in stores and buy them all at once. So you try the first issue, just to see... (usually it has BIG parts and a LITTLE price). Then you buy the second one... just to see another little bit ... and if you don't stop immediately you're screwed!
I have fallen into temptation 3 times and now I have 3 huge piles of pieces waiting to be put togheter (and I JUST DON'T WANT TO REMEMBER HOW MUCH I PAID FOR THEM) so now I am very careful not to buy any "first number" of something that looks interesting... like this one! ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
:D That's true! :)

Alright, I must admit, the model DOES look good (I'm just nitpicking because of the detailing like the floor of the interior and the wall segments...). My point is, WHY the heck does nobody care to do it right, especially when there is tons of reference out there?

So far I have seen only a handful of commercial model kits which are very carefully researched and designed AND available at a reasonable price. In fact, in the past ten years I have encountered only FOUR which are flawless and do not need any more additional detailing (the TOS Cylon Raider, the TNS Cylon Raider, the Viper Mk II and the Viper Mk VII - all from Moebius Models; these are simply perfect and can be built straight out of the box; strangely they screwed up the bridge of the TOS Galactica though which proves that they are still human :D ). Maybe I should change my nick from "Revell-Fan" to "Moebius-Man"... :cool: Well... erh... No. ;) :D

@Tonino : Let me guess, one of the pieces in question is a big German ship from WWII and one is a big wooden ship? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: DanBKing

Tonino

Apr 15, 2004
Republic of San Marino
www.facebook.com
Sorry RF! You didn't get either of them! :D

I want to give you some clue: all of them have wheels.

DSC07414.JPG

One of those projects is already started and partly done (from a LOT of time) but lays down waiting for a new inspiration (that's taking a lot of time to arrive).

There is also a thread here at Zealot...

Try guessing now! ;)

Reactions: Revell-Fan

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
With regards to your pic above........

Bottom Left: Already known!

Bottom Right: Has gotta be a drive wheel from a tank, or some other tracked vehicle...

And the Top one: Looks like a wheel from a Sopwith Camel, or some similar aged aircraft....

RAF_Sopwith_Camel.jpg

:)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Oh, you mean, there are three different ones? I thought they were all parts of the train... (Facepalm!)

OK, I'd say, one of them is a tank. It looks like the wheels they put on the TOS Cylon Raider's back. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I could buy a nice old Subaru for that price!! I can't afford expenditures on such things. It has a "toy" look about it. Not for me, but I am notoriously cheap.