Millenium Falcon from Shinuchi Makino - building thread

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
I saw that, you would need a Plasma Cutter sized unit on a wagon behind you to power it, but plasma is just the 4th state of matter. Not really hard to achieve, just hard to maintain because of the energy requirements 440Volts, with around 200 amps would suffice. Now, what would happen when they both touched would depend on the polarity, and who had the stiffer Rod. The moisture content in the air would be an issue also, because the sabers would crack water into Hydrogen and Oxygen, so you would have "Brown's Gas" surrounding the both of you, and that stuff is extremely volatile. When it does explode, it returns back into it's molecular state, water.

Hmmm... the real reason Darth Vader wore his suit outside of the whole lava thing!;)

Sky Seeker
:tank:

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Falcon loose his rectangular dish in new SW8 trailer. Well, It makes our rectangular dish model useles;). What will be the next shape? Triangle maybe?:).

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Just a 4 sided trpazoid, like an Aegis ship. There is no reason for radars to move anymore. That's old tech. Phased Array Radar, the wave of now!! :)

MPARsymposium_schematic.jpg

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
@bigpetr I was thinking of having interchangeable dishes on my Falcon, is it ok to use your ep7 radar dish instead of making my own?

Of course, it will make me happy, no need to ask:). Dish holder may need little modificaton to looks good in your scale. I made it all flat, because it would be not easy to make rolls so small. There is room for improvements. I can look at that if you need. Let me know.

Reactions: zathros

xaero892

Mad Modeller
Jun 10, 2016
Chichester
Of course, it will make me happy, no need to ask:). Dish holder may need little modificaton to looks good in your scale. I made it all flat, because it would be not easy to make rolls so small. There is room for improvements. I can look at that if you need. Let me know.

If you get a chance to have a look, that would be great and I would really appreciate it. I wouldn't need it for a while anyway so take your time. If not I'll have a go myself. Thanks for the offer. :):)

starbuck

Aug 15, 2013
Austria - Carinthia
Just to finalize the thread regarding the radar dish here some pics of the versions:

round dish - episode 5 (delivered with the model)
rectangular dish big - episode 7 (a little to big regarding the reference fotos)
rectangular dish small - episode 7 - correct size (thanks again to bigpetr for spending the time and for delivering such a good model)
------------
whatever C3Po and R2D2 are discussing - I like the rectangular dish which is a little bit too big on the model - knowing it is not exact size, but I think that the size fits better to the model
IMG_3731.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3732.JPG
    IMG_3732.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3733.JPG
    IMG_3733.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3734.JPG
    IMG_3734.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 15

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I agree. The antennae design on this ship always bothered me but I did like he bigger square one though in reality, since this ship is atmospheric, the Dish, regardless of choice, would have to be in a fairing. Of course, I said "in reality" which does not jive.

Excellent job Starbuck, you did a great job on the seams. A very believable, and well done representation of the Millenium Falcon. You don't see a "paper model", you see the spaceship. You have succeeded!!! ;)thumbsup:Bravo:

Reactions: starbuck