Millenium Falcon from Shinuchi Makino - building thread

starbuck

Hi together,
it is a long time since I have done my latest paper model.
The first Millenium Falcon I made I gave away to a collegue for his daugther.

It is the model fo Shinuchi Makino (EP5 Version) - many thanks for this beautiful model.

As I saw the sensor dish is the round one. - Did Shinuchi Makino also the new version seen in Episode 7?

However - here it comes:

Attachments

• IMG_3506.JPG
    IMG_3506.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3507.JPG
    IMG_3507.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3508.JPG
    IMG_3508.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3509.JPG
    IMG_3509.JPG
    947.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3510.JPG
    IMG_3510.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3511.JPG
    IMG_3511.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3516.JPG
    IMG_3516.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 12

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
There is only round antena dish, because it is EP5 Version, as you wrote. Shunichi Makino did even weathering according to EP5 version so I suppose he is not planning to make rectangular antena, because it would not match the rest.

But it is not so hard to make rectangular antena yourself, just two rectangles glued togeather and bend to shape.:)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You are off to a good start. I will be following this thread.

starbuck

There is only round antena dish, because it is EP5 Version, as you wrote. Shunichi Makino did even weathering according to EP5 version so I suppose he is not planning to make rectangular antena, because it would not match the rest.

But it is not so hard to make rectangular antena yourself, just two rectangles glued togeather and bend to shape.:)

Oh, it is not only a rectangle - there are some other parts to create to get a realistic dish. But, you`re right. This is the EP5 version and therefore I will use the round dish.
(Also as I will not be able to create a realistic one. If I would be able maybe I would do one as replacement part to change the look from time to time.)
--------------
Based on the attached reinforcement parts the model is very stable.
I like reinforcement parts very much, and sometimes I add some in models where no parts were made from the designer.

Attachments

• IMG_3518.JPG
    IMG_3518.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3519.JPG
    IMG_3519.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3522.JPG
    IMG_3522.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3523.JPG
    IMG_3523.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3524.JPG
    IMG_3524.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • Mf-set.jpg
    Mf-set.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 18

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
This is off to a great start. The parts are cut so well. Great! :)

the mole

I have been working on the Shunichi Makinos Millenium Falcon. I notice the engine looked a little lacking in color in that area representing the engine. I have tried to give it a little help.

Attachments

• MF engines copy.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 18

starbuck

I have been working on the Shunichi Makinos Millenium Falcon. I notice the engine looked a little lacking in color in that area representing the engine. I have tried to give it a little help.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I will use them to upgrade the model. With these engines the Falcon is in flight mode, witch I like more than in the parking mode.
THX again.

starbuck

@ the mole: you are right: we all are brothers here and we all help each other if possible, that is the spirit of zealot.
------------
Rainy wether today. Gives me time to go on with the MF.
Bootom reinforcements.

Attachments

• IMG_3537.JPG
    IMG_3537.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3538.JPG
    IMG_3538.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3539.JPG
    IMG_3539.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3540.JPG
    IMG_3540.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3541.JPG
    IMG_3541.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

starbuck

Oh, forgot to mention:
1.) For some parts there are easy parts and "expert parts" available. Will always try to use the "expert parts" as they are more detailed.
2.) I like the model as the detailing of the model is very good, what I have seen so far. (Additional details existing on the basis sheets.)

starbuck

Enclosed final pics for today.
No problems so far - the enclosed instruction leads you perfectly through the building process, although it is in japanese. The pictures are the perfect instruction.

Attachments

• IMG_3542.JPG
    IMG_3542.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3543.JPG
    IMG_3543.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3587.JPG
    IMG_3587.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3588.JPG
    IMG_3588.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3590.JPG
    IMG_3590.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 8

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I had the fortunate opportunity to build Shinuchi Makino's Lens Head Robots. I have to agree with you @starbuck even though his instructions are in Japanese, the build pics are perfect! I did not have any problems at all.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Starbucks, here are translated instructions, if you want. It is google translation so take it as that:).

If you want I can make rectangular antena for you, if there is enought reference. I did not research on that.

Attachments

• falcon-ins1-google translator.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 9
  • falcon-ins2-google translator.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 9

starbuck

Starbucks, here are translated instructions, if you want. It is google translation so take it as that:).

If you want I can make rectangular antena for you, if there is enought reference. I did not research on that.

Hi bigpetr, thx for the translated instructions. I did not think about the google translator as the pictures represent a good instruction. But it sure will make life more easy to have the english one. Thx again.
--------------
Regarding your offer: THIS WOULD BE WONDERFUL if you would have the time to do so.
I checked the Internet a litte bit and found some pictures which might be useful:
disney wiki:
Disney dish.JPG

I think that these pictures should match the original found on disney wiki, and it shows the backside of the dish
https://www.shapeways.com/product/UJH9NUUWM/yt1300-hsbro-radar-quad-w-mount

this is the Model of revell - just for reference:

Revell model.JPG

The best picture found was the first one from disney wiki.
Maybe there are some better pics around in the net - if somewone knows please show. THX in advance.

starbuck

as the structure of the falcon is already given, I decided to build the stand. I like the view of the falcon on the stand although the falcon is still under construction.

Attachments

• IMG_3591.JPG
    IMG_3591.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3592.JPG
    IMG_3592.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3593.JPG
    IMG_3593.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3594.JPG
    IMG_3594.JPG