Millenium Falcon by Slawek

New Forum, so now it's time to post my first new build thread :D

I'm still working on Milleniumfalshood's Stardestroyer but I startded this model as an inbetween, just to have something different to set my mind on. So I'll propably will start a new thread on the Stardestroyer to since I'm building these two off and on.

I found this model on a Polish website and personaly I think this is the best MF out there.
Problem is/was documentation and instructions. This model has so many more parts than Shunichi Makino's MF but there where just a couple drawings included to point you in the right direction.
There isn't a PDO file either so I can't use pepakura to see how things work.

Luckaly I found a buildthread on a french forum with over 140 pictures of the whole build covering all parts and greebles.
So here I go.

I started with the cabin section. I've made the cockpitwindow section in several layers so I could cut out the windows of the top layers to create some depth for the windowstruts.
001.JPG 002.JPG

Here is the finished cockpit section.
005.JPG

Then I cut out the upper front half of the Hull and made the first greeble part that goes under the hull plate.

003.JPG

I have now finished the base of the escape-pod modules and am ready to attach them to the front hull part but first I'm gonna make some support ribs for the hull to strengthen it.
004.JPG

It's just a beginning and I don't work verry fast but I will post updates regularly.

Cheers,
Elko

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It looks like you are off to a REALLY GOOD START!!!
I am looking forward to seeing how this will turn out.

dnalor

Nice going....

Any chance we will get a inside of the cockpit?
that really brings out the realism....
(en echt moeilijk is ie niet hoor)

Thanks guys, I've been out off the loop for quite a while but it's so much fun, I just had to start papermodeling again !!

Any chance we will get a inside of the cockpit?
that really brings out the realism....
(en echt moeilijk is ie niet hoor)

Nah, no interior, I would have to find some clear plastic sheets for the windows in the first place, I realy wouldn't know where to get those.
Besides, my plan was to start with a simple model fist after my period of health issues and this model isn't the easiest one as it is, well not to me anyway :)

I am searching for some schematics or the sorts for the landing gear but I can't find it anywhere, nothing I can use actually.
If I can't find anything before I assemble the hull I will make a stand for it.
Any ideas on how to make a landing gear are welcome :D

Cheers,
Elko

Little update.

It seemed that I didn't reinforce the hull enough and after attaching the rescuepod-modules the hullplate started to get all wobbly.
I've all ready started making a newer stronger version and will post pics as soon as I have assembled the modules to the new hull.

Reinforcement is very importand with this model so it seems and I'm dual layering all structural parts with differen thicknesses from now on to prefent misshapps as the one above to happen again.

Cheers,
Elko