Military modeling

JKountz

Im new to the hobby after a very long absence but Im doing a Civil War era layout. Well I should say Im trying to anyway!

Jim

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
JKountz said:
Im new to the hobby after a very long absence but Im doing a Civil War era layout. Well I should say Im trying to anyway!

Jim

You should find lower codes of rail. Civil war rail was definitely smaller stuff.

JKountz

Oh crap all my track work is already done Cab. This is definetly learning as I go. Sometimes I just learn it too late!!

Jim

TrainClown

Just a bit. I model war stuff to take a break from MRR.

My latest model. A WW1 tank.

TC :)

Attachments

• tank side.jpg
    tank side.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 43
  • tank CU.jpg
    tank CU.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 42

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Yeah, i'm building a modern USS New Jersey in 1/350. its massive. ironicly, its way out of HO scale, its actualy to small, even for forced perspective. It has to be 3 feet long!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I don't do military modeling but there is a large munitions plant not far from where I live that was once served by rail (you can see the abandoned roadbed and gates leading into the complex near grade crossings. I always thought a setting like this would be ideal for a model railroader also interested in the military. In past years I've seen fleets of military vehicles parked there so you could show off you tanks, jeeps etc, and also spot freight cars at the various buildings.
Ralph