Milestones?????

Tyson Rayles

Been on vacation, got back today and noticed the N\Z forum has gone over 1,000 posts. A more important milepost is about to be reached though and that is we are closing in on 400 members here at the Gauge. Strength in numbers? Whenever I am at an other forum (which is rare since I found this one) I always tell em' to check us out! Didn't Catt, Shamus, Dave and Co. promise everybody a Micro-trains boxcar of their choice when we hit 500 members?:p

upguy

Oregon Western Lines, CEO
Hey, that sound great to me! I can always use a few more N-scale items. How about some Union Pacific covered hoppers? I can always use a few more of them. :D

I have spent all day today putting HO items up for sale on eBay. I guess you could say that my railroad is "downsizing." More N and less HO! I'm also modernizing (updating) by selling a lot of my steam, logging (Sumpter Valley), and transition items which I don't use anyway.:rolleyes:

Anybody that wants to bid on my items can rest assured that the money will be going to a good cause. :D I'm going to have to have some of those new Amtrak items that Kato is coming out with! :eek: And, then, there are those new LBF 50' boxcars that I will surely need a dozen of... and--GOSH! Is this ever going to stop.

My name is Everett, and I'm a locoholic... Think I heard that someplace else, but it sure fits.

C

Catt

No No No, Tyson. It was their choice of any Model Power rolling stock.:D :D :D

Drew1125

I would like to take the opportunity to congratulate Dave Hagan, & evryone else responsible for getting this site up & running, & then , continually making improvements, so that for me, (& I know I'm not alone in my thinking) The Gauge has become the standard bearer for the internet. As far as I'm concerned, the rest of those forums just kinda lay there.
Not only that, but it is directly responsible for inspiring me to improve my abilities as a modeler, & because I'm able to share with others, & get feedback, I haven't allowed myself to get bored, or discouraged, & quit, like I've been known to do in the past.
And where else would I get to be friends, & share in the hobby with people from all over the world?
I've belonged to modeling clubs before, & while I certainly don't want to knock them, the experience I've had with this site is far more rewarding to me than anything I experienced in a club.
So thanks again to everyone here, members & moderators!
And congratulations, & keep up the good work!

Charlie, you said it so eloquently I totally agree with all you said.
As a new member the first thing I noticed in this site was that it's members are so unpretentious and this is a delightful departure from other RR forums (and many clubs). I enjoy all the members' postings and like the humour which surfaces from time to time.

Thanks for the knowlege you have all imparted to me, (geee, even at this age I'm still learning :) )

Errol

C

Catt

Oviously we must be doing something right:D :D . We got a GREAT bunch of people here who are always willing to help and they aren't afraid to learn new ways of doing things.