Mikromodele USS Skipjack SSN585 1/400

Nando

Designer Extraordinaire
I just completed the Skipjack model that I started long time ago, and I worked at It discontinuously.

Here some picture I took during the process.

When I arrived at to put the bow in place, I found that It was too much stubby, so I looked for more documentation because I'd like to make my own more resembling. :?

Then using Excel and Word I did two versions of the bow: one elliptic and one parabolic.

Finally I selected the parabolic one, and the result is good for me.

If someone likes to receive the pdf of the parabolic or elliptic, PM to me the email address. Sorry for the roughness, but I didn't think to publish them.

Here some more pictures of the process that took me to complete the model.

And finally the model completed again with the parabolic bow mounted and the elliptical (prototype and colored version) and in the background the original one.

The model is very well designed and the result is beautiful. I wanted to improve the look of the bow, but I think is good also with the original one.

I recommend You this model! :thumb:

...and specially because it's small.... :rolleyes:

In the meanwhile I didn't leave my Crawler: shortly some news. ;-)

Enjoy
Nando :mrgreen:

Krzychu74

Hello Nando!
Thank you very much that you glue my small project. Your Skipjack is beautifull!
If you agree I very willfully add your corrected parts of Skipjack as detached file.
In my documentation was such forepart:

Best regards.
Krzychu74

Nando

Designer Extraordinaire
Thank You all for Your kindness

I have to thank also Jonathan Leslie who taught me the way to design with the Microsoft Office suite, and even today, as you can see, I sometimes enjoy to do some small drawings.

Some note for the guys who ask me the PDF:

I did the two versions not for publish them but for my own use, so they are very rough (see below a reduced version). There isn't any tab to connect the sections each other, so You have to do them by Your self. The black and white rectangles are useful to verify the correct scale when printed. Their lenght in total is 2 cm.

I'm in contact with Krzychu74, the author of the Skipjack, and may be he will kindly publish the two bows as detached parts of his submarine.

Below the original drawing I used to design my bows.

I will keep you informed.

Nando

Attachments

• L-585profile.jpg
    L-585profile.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Ellips_01_02_03_reduced.jpg
    Ellips_01_02_03_reduced.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Parabola_K_L_M_N_Reduced.jpg
    Parabola_K_L_M_N_Reduced.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 31