Middle Earth RR

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Here's an idea - What if J.R.Tolkien was a model railroader? Think of the possibilities for scenery - Lava flows, dragon caves, weird rock formations. The RR could be run by gnomes, opening up all sorts of strange designs. Industries -- how about dwarven mines and foundries, etc.
Bill K

Rex Pellinore

Jun 18, 2001
NY
www.prunka.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by billk:
Here's an idea - What if J.R.Tolkien was a model railroader? &lt;snip&gt; Industries -- how about dwarven mines and foundries, etc.
Bill K
</font>

There are several model railroads which incorporate Middle Earth as a setting, or for design elements. The most famous is probably the Gondor & Rohan of C. J. Obregon. My own ATSF incorporates some elements, including dwarven mines and The King Under the Mountain (hidden staging yard.)

------------------
Peter T. Prunka
for
Rex pellinore V, President
Avalon, Tintagel & Santa Fe Rwy.
http://www.prunka.com/basement

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Rory & Peter, welcome to the gauge.

Rory, I couldn't get that link to work either, perhaps something is missing.

Checked out your website Peter, very nice indeed and easy to flip through.
Keep up the good work.

Shamus
waver.gif

NARA Member #24
http://www.badger-creek.co.uk

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Peter - really like your web site - would love to see some pictures, or did I just miss them on my quick scan through? It sounds like what I had in mind when I started this thread, only for myself on a smaller scale (I don't mean N to Z, I mean number of square feet.) and maybe even more Middle Earth oriented, if that's possible.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
This reminds me of that thread we had going a couple of months ago on futuristic, or sci-fi model railroading. We got some heated debate going over that one!
My thinking on the matter is that model railroading is just another artistic medium. If you dream it - build it!