MicroSoft Train Simulator....

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I picked up...

...2 copies quite a while ago (one for me and one for a friend) at Staples for $19.00. They don't have too many games- but they do have a lot of MS Software so I guess they offer their games as well. M$FT! Try Staples if all else fails.

Mark

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
How about after the dust settles on this thread, lets start one that list's the links where M/S Train Sim add-on's are available... (and there's a bunch of them). If you have, or later on add MAPLE LEAF'S Sandpatch train sim to your M/S Train Sim, the possible downloads will at least double, and SandPatch is a great sim program (East Coast RR'ing). Just a thought......

Bob

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:wave: Don't get me wrong, I havn't read the manual yet!! But how do you get the help to come up while you a running it? Does the screen resolution make a difference? I am running at a lower res. and it works fine. I was running along and finally noticed I lost my train and was only running a single engine, why? Where can you get add ons other than the obvious mentioned? I would like to have a route I am more familiar with in my area, Such as the L & N in the southern Ohio/Kentucky area. I know, I know, read the darn manual Jim. I guess you can tell I am not a big gamer but couldn't pass up on this bargin. Thanks for the help folks. :sleeping: Jim

stump7

May 15, 2005
Albuquerque, NM
Clark:
OK I'll take a look and get one if I can find it.

Jim:
The first tutorial I ran I ended up going backwards at 60 MPH and had to escape to end the session. I'm not a big gamer either but this looks like it might be a lot of fun.
Stump7

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Clark,

Success, got two at the second WM that I stopped in. PM me with your address and I'll send you mine. Total cost including sales tax and postage shouldn't go over $12. Good deal, they also had a flight simulator there.

They also had a couple more in case anyone else needs one.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Train sim thread

Iron Goat said:
How about after the dust settles on this thread, lets start one that list's the links where M/S Train Sim add-on's are available... (and there's a bunch of them). If you have, or later on add MAPLE LEAF'S Sandpatch train sim to your M/S Train Sim, the possible downloads will at least double, and SandPatch is a great sim program (East Coast RR'ing). Just a thought......

Bob
Tell you what, if there's enough interest, I'll open a "stickey" thread in the Tech forum that we can discuss operation and leave links to add-on's. Seems to me that there's enough users here now for that.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
jmarksbery said:
:wave: I'll drink to that Don, but then I been known to drink to train wrecks--er-- oh well. Yes that would work I think, let the youngens tell us old foggies how to do it. Thanks, :confused: Jim
OK Jim, I set up a discussion group thread in the Tech forum. I gotta tell you though, it's BYOB.:p Sorry, forum rules prevent me from setting up an open bar. Now we might talk Mikey into a cash bar if we can get a license and we split the profits.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The new thread is here...:thumb:

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Thanks Don. I PMed you with my info. Thanks all of you for your help. :thumb: :thumb:

Great Idea Iron Goat. Don, I just checked the thread out and it already looks helpful. I don't remember ever seeing a thread dedicated to a specific program on the Gauge. Does this constitute an MSTS club? :thumb: :thumb: :D :D

stump7

May 15, 2005
Albuquerque, NM
Clark
When it rains it pours. I did find one more copy yesterday and picked it up. I'll put it on the for sale thread and to see if any other Wal Mart deprived soul would be interested.
Stump7

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
stump7 said:
Clark
When it rains it pours. I did find one more copy yesterday and picked it up. I'll put it on the for sale thread and to see if any other Wal Mart deprived soul would be interested.
Stump7
Thanks stump. :thumb:
If you can't sell it I will go ahead and buy it from you. I wouldn't want you to get stuck with something you can't use just because you were trying to help me out. It would be worth it just for all the great help everyone has given me. :thumb: :thumb:
Thanks to all. :wave:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Pitchwife said:
Thanks stump. :thumb:
If you can't sell it I will go ahead and buy it from you. I wouldn't want you to get stuck with something you can't use just because you were trying to help me out. It would be worth it just for all the great help everyone has given me. :thumb: :thumb:
Thanks to all. :wave:
Clark,

Check you PM. Your Train Sim program is now in the hands of the USPS. Let me know when you get it.

Stump, there should be someone here that can use your extra copy. Sorry about that, but it was the luck of the draw that we both found the programs at the same time.

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Holy smokes what a quest!. Tried three Wal-Marts in our area and none to be had. Went camping in Massachusetts this past weekend and found an out of the way Wal-Mart when we went shopping. Shucks golly gee they had three copies. Loaded it onto a spare pewter that the kids use for games and I think there wasn't enough room. All the writting is either in Japanese or only the top half of a word is visable. Looks interesting though, will have to reload it after I get rid of some of the grandkids games.