Micro Mark has the solution for deep layout benchwork!

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I was just looking through my Micro Mark catalog and they have a new product on the inside back cover. Part #83538. It is called a "Topside creeper". www.micromark.com
I don't know how to post a link so you'll have to go to the web site and put in the part number to see a picture of it. It is 1/2 step ladder with a long base like an engine stand with locking castors. It looks like it will support a person and allow them to reach about 5-6 feet to the back of a layout. It has a pad at the top like a mechanics brake stool so that you can lean your chest on it to extend your reach without having to go into contortions.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
I noticed that too. A guy could sure spend lots of money with their catalog. I don't see much in there that I don't want. Would love to have one each of their lathes, milling machines, mini sander and on and on. Where's my check book?

Dakota train

Mar 30, 2006
Wilton, North Dakota
I had a good laugh when I went to the link. That product has been out for about four or five years now. It was originally built for auto mechanics so they could work on pick-ups and trucks. But hey, if it works for other things too, might as well use it.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I just retired as a mechanic this pat spring, but I didn't work on cars except my own. I did transport refrigeration, and we didn't need anything like that . We either used step ladders or scaffolds to work on the equipment, so that picture in the MicroMark catalog was the first time I saw it.