Micro layout

2slim

Tyson,
Awesome job Dude!
When I saw your boxcar shack it made me think of this one:
Hobo Shack
You need to 'junkify' the place tho' this pix will give you some inspiration!

2slim

2slim

Wow!!

Tyson,
It's been a while since I read the first post, I seriously thought you did this in HO, (guess that's a compliment.. :thumb: ) You could still add some junk even in N scale, just not as much. The shack in the picture is HO but there are some good details which you could copy in N, like the ladder, you might be able to make a handtruck, you could use some sprue to make barrels, boxes shouldn't be to tough. I've seen detail parts of most of that stuff, but they are too expensive. FWIW that HO shack is a cast resin item that comes built or unbuilt, $50 & $25 respectivly. Alloy Forms used to do a cast metal Engine Crew Shed in N scale that was similar, I found one at a train show a while back and paid $15, (the box had $5.95 on it) seen them top $30 on Ebay. Guess I'm in the wrong business.. :confused:

2slim

Tyson Rayles

Hi 2slim, I agree more details can be added and they will be. I'm not done with the layout yet, I had just got it done to a level of completion that I felt satisfied the "challenge" requirements. As I get other things done I will continue to post em. :)