Micro layout

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Thx folks for the kind comments. The track plan has a hidden loop connection for letting a train run but operates as a point to point when you want to have a "day in the life of the R.R.". You run 3 trains a day, 2 pass., 1 freight. There are only 2 turnouts and no runaround tracks, yet you don't use the loop for a runaround and you don't have to use the 0-5-0 either! :thumb: :eek: :D .This link will take you to the construction thread from the beginning to where I'm at now. This is part of a challenge project in the n-scale forum there and there are 5 or 6 others doing the same thing so you might want to check em' out also. The Gauge's Jim Marksbery is building N.Y. city in the same 1' x 2' space I'm working in for example.

http://www.all-model-railroading.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=369

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Tyson,
Great job man! I've been trying to come up with an idea to use a Christmas village that always gets put on our entertainment center every year :confused: I think I may have found a solution :thumb: The village is near N Scale so I will put it in the middle raised up to give the impression its farther away! BTW in your picture of the depot, how does that truck back up to the dock to load his freight? :confused:

2slim

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
Thanks Ron! 2slim they would only get some LCL once in awhile, for that they can use a hand truck to get it down the ramp and across the tracks. :D I hope to have some more progress to post on this soon, all those $%&$ "canes" got me sidetracked for awhile. :)

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
I had to carve back into the hillside some to back the building up enough to leave room for a sidewalk and street. Still have a lot to do to the building, this was just a test placement to see how things are going space wise. :)

Attachments

• T4small.JPG
    T4small.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 251

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Very nice Tyson. I sure like your colorful trees. Did you make them yourself? Looks like fall back east. Sure can't wait to see more progress. I'm getting ideas for a layout under my little two foot Christmas tree.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
Well I finally got some more work done, Here is the finished building (well almost finished :rolleyes: :D ). Main thing still left is the signs for the business'. There is Robin's Craft Shop, specializing in cardboard creations of course. Templar's Music Store, specializing in sales and instuction of harmonicas. Juengst's (sumpter250) Bar and Grill. And upstairs above the bar is Catt's Cat House, specializing in .......................................................................... :thumb: :D :p

acd.jpg

And a overview of the whole town. This takes care of one side and one end of the layout, the other end just needs a skyboard so mainly I just have the otherside (the mining scene) to do. :)

ace.jpg