Metaseq tutorial

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by NOBI, Jul 20, 2004.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

I think many members not know about metaseq and a lot of members want to know how to use metaseq...so i decide to make tutorial about how to use metaseq for all members with my poor english (hope u will understand my english, i alway not good at in english so apologized me for my poor english here)

first begin with basic of metaseq

I use metaseq version 2.3.3 what is a latest version from mizno lab, with very kind help from my friend in Japan make me can register this program via him...if u can not register, that is not important...register user can use some option what un-register user can not use such as "plug-in" and "import" and the rest is the same

heart of metaseq is at Edit panel and edit option what r u use very often when u creat mesh from metaseq, Edit panel have letter X, Y and Z mean X axis, Y axis and Z axis what u can mange with. color of axis in working window is the same with letter in edit panel. X is red, Y is green and Z is blue. another icon show on top of edit panel r three different icon. first icon from left is look like a direction sign what is an arrow ponit to up,down, left and right, this section use for move vertex, line or face in each axis. second icon is a re-size icon, meaning? it use for re-size line or face u want to re-size in each axis. last icon is Rotate icon what use for rotate mesh in each axis u want.

Edit option is a section what tell metaseq that u want to manage with. there r many icon inside that panel. Pt,Ln,Fc,Rc and Rp

Pt mean point or vertex, if this option have select mean u want to work with vertex

Ln mean Line, if this option have select mean u want to work with Line

Fc mean Face, if this option have select mean u want to work with Face

Rc mean Rectangle, tell metaseq that u want to crop a vertex or line or face with Recangle crop

Rp mean Rope, tell metaseq that u want to crop a vertex or line or face with Rope (free hand) crop

more to come...
  2. ButchPrice

ButchPrice Member

Keep them coming

Great tutorial so far NOBI.
    Your English is working fine friend :)
    Metasequoia is a powerful program.
    I like it. I just need to learn to use it.
    Any help we can get from you is greatly appreciated. :D

I think the latest version IS a lot more user friendly,
    and easier to work in.
  3. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Today learn about how to make a basic shape, u can create some basic shape like cubic, cone etc. in Metaseq by click at menu Premitive in command bar at left side of your screen. basic shape or premitive shape available in metaseq is plain, cubic, ball, cylinder, donut, extend cylinder, cone, smooth cubic and smooth cylinder

create premitive shape is very simple just click at premitive menu at command bar and choose shape u want and hit create :D create shape and then u can use edit panel to re-size, move or rotate

More to come
  4. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Today continue on tutorial :D now learn about Edit Panel what is a heart of Metaseq

Edit panle compund with 3 differnet button Move, Scale and Rotate. these use for control everything in working windows, u can move vertex, scale face or rotate mesh by this panel.

Move...move can do at 3 Axis. select vertex, face or mesh u want to move and click at Axis u want to move in Edit panel and drag then object will move in that Axis

Scale...same with move, select and then drag in each Axis u want to scale.

Rotate...same with Scale, select and then drag in each Axis u want to rotate.

More to come