Messerschmitt 109 "Emil"

Chris74

Some older models I made, in fact a rescale of Me 109 card model of Thai Paperwork. The original was at 1:100, I resized it for 1:87. Also paint used after all paper work was done, and some markings printed.

Me109-a.jpg

Also a mini-scenery there.

Me109-b.jpg

The aircraft pretends to be the Me109 of Joachim Muencheberg (1918-1943), but I made a mistake there (the propeller's cone had to be black and white, not red painted) and also a mistake on landing wheels (those white metal bars must be on interior side, stick to the wheel coverage - sorry, i don't know the specific names).

Me109-d.jpg

Me109-e.jpg

A 'night flight'. Landing flaps pockets just painted on the wings, I should have cut them out.

Then another Me109 E, this time a Romanian one, a machine that belonged to Ioan DiCezare (1916-2012), a Romanian ace that died two years ago, as general-lieutenant, and back in the days was a fighter in 7th Fighter Group that manage to escape from Stalingrad.

Me109diCesare-1.jpg

This time, a better detail work, also a 'plexiglas' cockpit (in fact some transparent duct tape)
Me109diCesare-2.jpg

No scenery for this one, didn't have time to do it, as I had to give it to somebody. In fact, both Me109 were given away as gifts for a friend and an uncle of mine. So sorry for the poor pics, I cannot take another ones.

Me109diCesare-3.jpg

Thank you for patience,
Chris

P.S.
220px-Joachim_M%C3%BCncheberg.jpg
and
200px-Ioan_Dicezare_1943.jpg
. (photos of Wikipedia)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Nice little Bf 109's and I like the historic notes too.