Mergers & Acquisitions

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
But mostly acquisitions... ;) :D

Was at my favourite train shop this past Sunday with the entire family in tow...

I show the Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0 lettered for CN to my wife. She says "What does that do?" I explain it's mostly a freight locomotive. She says "Why don't you get it?". I actually had to ask twice to make sure I heard right...! :eek: :D

I left with the loco and a decoder, Ian Wilson's Steam Over Palmerston, some ballast, a coupler gauge, and CDS lettering for a reefer project.

And the icing on the cake was 10% off using a club membership card. :)

Andrew

CRed

I don't think my wife would say that to me,but she surprises me sometimes too.

I'm partial to CN and CP because where I live is one of the few places in the US that you can see both of them.There were 3 tracks running along the hills here and one of them was CN the other was DWP and I think the other was CP,but I'm not sure.I used to climb up to watch them go by which was fairly often since they were busy lines.Now there aren't any tracks on the hill,they're hiking trails now:cry:.

I'm not thrilled about CN owning the DM&IR though,they're already starting to paint the engines CN colors and just putting a small DM&IR tag on them.I think Athearn has a RTR model like that already.

Enough rambling.I'm glad you had fun at your LHS,I love going to mine.I have to get back there soon to pick up a Cornerstone Deluxe Refinery Kit for my layout:thumb:

Chris