Menchies give-a-way card model

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
Hi all,
I was out the other night and we stopped by the local Menchies place. This is a yogurt/sorbet parlor with lots of toppings to choose from. At the register, they had a slot and tab die cut model of a delivery van decorated with the appropriate chain logos and decorations. They were free give-a-ways so I got two to check out.

I was a pleasantly surprised that being a simpler model, it had a few features that added to it like recessed panels behind the windshield and side opening doors.

Attachments

• DSCF0436.jpg
    DSCF0436.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF0435.jpg
    DSCF0435.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Isarmann

Jul 6, 2014
Very interesting! Although I'm aware that using paper models as a promotional-giveaway is not all that uncommon, I haven't run across one yet since I became active in the hobby... It is really nice that they bothered to add some extra detail--- that's a point that particularly appeals to me. I have found that I'm really a bit tired of 'model announcements' that turn out to be, in my view, just another box with some color on it. Especially in the case of vans and trucks, where the core model is just a one-piece cross you fold the four sides down on--- I feel like, what, you didn't have another three minutes to put into it? Is it because you're so worn out with the minute-and-a-half's effort it's taken so far? lol...

Really fun to not only see our hobby turn up this way, but also that they didn't completely phone it in. Kudos to Menchies, huh? Neat find...

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That is so cool! Probably the only way to make money in this Hobby too!! Great find Ron! :)

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
Yeah, I thought it was interesting for a give-away, just a step up from the 'box' models you usually see. I agree Zathros, that would be the ideal job for us designers!

Best Regards,