Memorabilia value

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
A local shop has two marker lamps - one CNR, one CPR for sale. They appear intact, although they may have been repainted. The lenses are all there, and not cracked (blue and red glass). They have not been modified (yet...).

THey are on consignment for $300 each or $500 for both. This shop tends to try to price things rather high.

What do you think is a fair price for these lamps?

Thanks!

Andrew

Tileguy

Adlake??
Prices vary by type but an Adlake in Good to excellant should bring 125-150 USD
250.00USD for the 2 would be a good price.If they are on consignment,the seller is setting the price he wants and his price may be around that.The shop is looking at a high margin of profit for a consigned item.So is this canadian dollars or US dollars?
If its US dollars he's dreaming of early retirement :)

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
It is Canadian dollars. CAN$250 is roughly, what ... US$170 right now?

Thanks for the info!

Andrew

pcentral

Hi Andrew,
I am assuming you are talking about caboose marker lamps? If so, around here you can expect to pay around $300-400 for one. And yes that is US dollars! So in my experience it sounds like a fair price. My two cents worth. Steve

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
No, did not buy (yet...)

Steve - I am not sure they are caboose marker lamps. I saw some pictures of heavyweight passanger cars taken in the 1950s - they look like the lamps on these cars (although some in the pictures had been modified to run on electricity). I do not know if they are the same for cabooses (cabeese?! - now I know why we call them "vans" in Canada ;) ).

Andrew

Pete

Did they look anything like what is on this old buggy?

Attachments

• pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 41

pcentral

Hey Andrew,
Those are the lamps I was thinking of. I have seen one for sale for $500. I don't know if it sold for that but that is what they wanted for it. Steve