megatech engines?any good?

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by tg413, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tg413

tg413 Member

pretty much what the title says,but tryin to figure if i should run this engine or buy a different one,anyone ran one before?heres a pic of the box it says it makes 37,000 rpms and 1.6 horses.thanks

[file]hpi_008.jpg,4186,,[/file]
  2. YouMustbethatslow

YouMustbethatslow Member

Megatech engines are not that good !! just what ive went through with em !
  3. tg413

tg413 Member

glad i ordered that os 18 today ,i think that should pick things up a little,do you think this megatech i got is better than the stock nitro star 15 from hpi? i also have a new nitrostar 12 rss somewhere around here,just tryin to figure out which one to use for a while til my new os gets here. thanks for the honest reply.the guy at the lhs tried to tell me that the megatech was a great engine for the truck im using it in but i know better than that because ive never seen any of my friends using them before, so there must be a reason.take care
  4. digdug72

digdug72 Member

leave the megatech motors alone!!!!
  5. tg413

tg413 Member

well put. thanks
  6. redheat

redheat Member

Which OS did you order the CVR, TM, RED
  7. tg413

tg413 Member

I ordered the os. 18 cv-r, should be a nice upgrade,im gonna run the other motor i have thats brand new also for a while, its the hpi 12.pro supposed to be a nice engine,i think im gonna just set the megatech up on the shelf for another project or something ,i got a new paris turbo pipe that should help things along.Can you tell me, did the hpi nmt come with a 2 speed or is it a upgrade?When i bought the truck it came with both set ups, but the 2 speed is in there now, should be a ripper if i can get some nice weather to run it.thanks take care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.