Mechwarrior 4 Mechs

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by shiftdel, Oct 30, 2007.

1. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Well, I'm posting some update pics of my current mechwarrior models that I'm working now, just to let the people know what is going to be released.

Firstly are the already textured models, from left to right and top to bottom: MadCat, Mauler, Novacat and Hellhound.

I did finish the Madcat before Walter release his model, it was going to be released after my Vulture, but, as Walter released his Madcat first, I droped the priority for this one, but I will release it anyway, in PDO. It is slight different from Walter's Madcat, and it is larger in scale, allowing change of skins, so I think there is space for them both.

I'm still stuck at the redesign of Mauler torso, so not much progress here.

I'm going to build another beta of Novacat, as I redesign some parts accordingly with the feedback from its beta builder.

Hellhound is being beta tested right now, I'm waiting for the feedback to release the final model...

Attached Files:

2. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Now the 3d models without texturing yet, Grizzly (from Mektek), Uller, Cougar, and Chupacabra, another mektek design.

I'm slowly cleaning the Grizzly mesh, as it have tons of overlaped and complex parts, so it will take a while till I finish this one, I plan to release a highly detailed version, it will be not rookie friendly, sorry. It is the original mesh from Matthew_Ts of Mektek who kindly allowed the convertion of his model to paper model.

Uller is going well, I just need some more reference pics of 2 details before starting the texturing work.

I started the Cougar some days ago, and it went togther very well and fast, taking into account that I work only 1 or 2 hours a day on my projects. I will start texturing it very soon.

The last one, Chupacabra, is an original design by Arcadia from Mektek. It took me an eternity to clean the mesh and texture it all, as it loose the texture mapping when converted to OBJ. It is a complex model, with more then 90 parts. It is already textured, but I can't show the textured model, because it wasn't released yet on Mektek's next MekPak (I don't know if it will be allowed to be released, I will have to ask Arcadia again when I finish the pepakura work on it.

Attached Files:

3. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

they look great!
  4. rockpaperscissor

rockpaperscissor Member

You've been very busy shiftdel! You've got a lot of mech heads (including me) absolutely salivating. Looking forward to your releases. Truly amazing work.
    Regards,
    Don
  5. Stormeagle

Stormeagle Member

SHIFTEL I Love your work....any chance seeing a Saggitaire among your models?

Waiting for the Mauler and the rest of the gang to become available...
  6. Kjev

Kjev Member

Shiftdel, I don't know how you manage to do it. It's all I can do to work on 1 model at a time. You're inspiring!

K'Jev
    8)
  7. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Thanks, I hope I can finish them faster this time...
  8. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Saggitaire? I have just one reference pic of it, I could give it a try, anyway. The only problem would be the texture, I'm not skilled enough to create my own textures (the ones that I use on my models are from the MW4 game), although I would like to try some techniques that I learn... Let's see what I can do...
  9. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I work on 1 model at a time!!

The only difference is that when I stuck into some problem or difficult part of the model, I shift to another one, so I don't get frustrated; after a time, I can go back to the first model with a new spirit and finish the part that caused me trouble before :D
  10. knightstalker527

knightstalker527 Member

Any chance of seeing a Uzeil???? I have been trying to get the guys on the MW4 site to do one but to no avail.:confused: Looks great though.:thumb:
  11. Stormeagle

Stormeagle Member

Well it is only fair to sed you everything I've got so far on the Saggitaire mech. I know there are at least 2 3d models of it but I can not get their meches. I hope the material can help you out...

Attached Files:

12. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Uziel is another one on my to do list, however, Zecks (the guy who made the ED209 model) already made one, but I don't know when or if he is going to release it, I think he is redesigning the model.
  13. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

wow more mechs to add to my list they look awsome. keep going
  14. Kjev

Kjev Member

According to Highland Piper, his beta-builder on the MW3 papercraft forum, it's mostly complete, but he's redoing the cockpit. Having built Zecks' models in the past, it will be well worth the wait.

K'Jev
    (aka Storm on the MW3 forum)
    8)
  15. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Thanks for the reference material, it will be useful... I will started this one as soon I clean a bit my backlog... ;)
  16. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

A little contribuition! My MW4 Vulture Mech in 1/40 Scale

The model is great Shiftdel!!!!:mrgreen:

No problem whith fits , the legs fit perfect, and a finished model is big!!!!

Congratulations!!!!! sign1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Kjev

Kjev Member

Gomidefilho,

That looks AWESOME! I hope when I get around to building mine it looks half that good!

K'Jev
    8)
  18. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

FANTASTIC build Gomidefilho, as any of your other builds, this one is very sharp and clean, you is who deserves congratulations.

The camo scheme is also awesome, I like it!!
  19. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

It seems this guy went together very fast. I just finished the texturing work on it, now I just need to unfold it on Pepakura.

Attached Files:

20. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Thank's people! I like the project and intend build more mechs!!!