Mechwarrior 4 Mechs

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by shiftdel, Oct 30, 2007.

1. blaar

blaar Member

Sorry the double post. Friends at MechWar3 also pointed out the feet and lower legs. I corrected them and just need to re-do the unfolding. The newer version will look like this.

Attached Files:

2. blaar

blaar Member

Sorry for the double post. Friends at MechWar3 also pointed out the feet and lower legs. I corrected them and just need to re-do the unfolding. The newer version will look like this.

http://www.mechwarrior3.org/wforum/files/thanatos_side_447.jpg[img]

(I removed the old version and will re-up the new version when it is done. Sorry for all the delays and problems)
  3. blaar

blaar Member

4. blaar

blaar Member

5. blaar

blaar Member

6. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Well, apart from the bad news about my missing files on FileFront (they deletec my older files, all of the ones that I submitted, the unsubmitted ones are still there), I did upload the MW4 Zeus there.

http://hosted.filefront.com/shiftdel41

I did correct all mistakes and bad unfolding, thanks to BLaaR, who kindly beta built this model for me. I also did a new review of the model, and found other places to correct/improve the unfolding job, so this model is the final one (I hope).

Thanks Cantaris (from MW3.org forum) for finding the benefactor who provided the original MW4 models, and for allowed me to work with this model.

Next one will probably be the Fafnir.

Attached Files:

7. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Try building the model with something heavy in the feet.
  8. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

BUMP, my thread is sick, I can't see my posts here anymore...
  9. blaar

blaar Member

I had the exact same problem, why you think all the bougas replies one after another............lol. I could not even access page 21 till now.sign1
  10. blaar

blaar Member

I added another paper model to my filefront page. The CBT Linebacker for those who want it.

[​IMG]
  11. blaar

blaar Member

Hi. Yet another model is available. This time it is the MW4 MadCat. This model was made possible by Dark133 and shiftdel. It is added to my filefront page so you can download it from there.

Attached Files:

12. SMWulph

SMWulph New Member

Sweet looking model.. Blaar.
    Just one question... Well you make a base texture available so the rest of us can make customized skins for it? pretty please? :D :?:
  13. blaar

blaar Member

Well. Another member at the mechwar3.org forum (Sturm) is coocking up some great looking textures. I will try and keep you updated here or else you can just take a look at this topic ever so often. New models, textures etc gets updated.

http://www.mechwarrior3.org/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=3244

There are already some extra skin sets posted there. :)

Sturm’s Clan Skinset.: http://www.mechwarrior3.org/wforum/download.php?id=2681
    Sturm’s Camo Skinset.: http://www.mechwarrior3.org/wforum/download.php?id=2680
  14. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

If you know how to work with alpha channels, you can make customized skins for any MW4 mech. The original game texture is made of a base texture (alpha channel) where the skins are applied over.
  15. Temujen

Temujen New Member

Excellent mate. I started doing a shadowcat back when the game was still being played but lost the mesh and couldnt complete it. Lucky i was just farting around on the internets and found this site! Just out of curiosity, how did you extract the models from the game? If at all possible, the heavy gear 2 game has a ton of exellent models for the taki...err, building! looking forward to keeping up with this thread.
  16. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Actually me or most of the guys there don't know how to extract models from MW4. I modelled my models from scratch, using reference pics from the MW4 manual and screen shots of the game.

Recently a guy on MW3.org foruns was able to contact someone who did extract the models, I got some of them, and my first release of the original ones was Zeus (cleaning the mesh and unfolding), now I'm working with Fafnir...
  17. Temujen

Temujen New Member

Apologies then mate, just trying to be freindly (that was my first post in these forums). At any rate, great job and keep up the good work and sorry for the implication.
  18. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

You don't need to apologize. I didn't understood your question as an offense ;)

Actually I can only extract the textures from MW4 games, that's why my models looks closer to the original game shapes...

Not sure, but I think that someone released some stuff from Heavy Gear, but I can't recall what and where, sorry...
  19. blaar

blaar Member

20. Temujen

Temujen New Member

thanks mate!