Mechwarrior 4 Mechs

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by shiftdel, Oct 30, 2007.

1. haught70

haught70 mech ethusiest

yes it is, lol haha and i thank you for the file, but when i got it from you its extension was named .AGW, soo i had to find a converter, lol idk what happended with that. hahah but shoot if i had money i would pay you for giving me the argus, it is my favorite mech!!!, lol thanx soo much blaar
  2. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Next Cougar, probably will be the Madcat (not Mk II yet), which is done, just needing some rework here and there.

After it, Zeus probably will be the next, as it is in advanced stage of completion, then followed by Fafnir ;)

Counting Whammy's models, the release schedule will change a bit, with some of his models inserted between the release of my models...
  3. blaar

blaar Member

Cool. To be honest I don't realy mind which model is released when since they are all great. :) Going to build them all anyways. :)
  4. haught70

haught70 mech ethusiest

lol now That my friend is true, there all cool Mechs, But I myself would love to get my hands on the cougar!!!:mrgreen:
  5. Kjev

Kjev Member

Shiftdel,

Is the Mauler available for us public types yet? If so, where? It looks beautiful!

K'Jev
    8)
  6. haught70

haught70 mech ethusiest

It is on his file front, were all of his awesome looking and great built mechs are, hehe.. got to love his work, just great!!!:mrgreen:
  7. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hey shiftdel, the title of this pic says Mech-warrior although I doesn't look like a 'Mechwarrior' Mech, could you ID it for me..?

Attached Files:

8. widget

widget Member

BT/MechwWarrior Maurader---Zentraudi "Glaug" Officer Pod from Macross
  9. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

And if I may add, the partial source of the Mad Cat's name. The Marauder's abbreviation is "MAD" and the Catapult's is "CAT", and since the Mad Cat has the arms and torso of the Marauder and the legs and missile pods of the Catapult, the Inner Sphere just went with the obvious designation of Mad Cat.
  10. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Yes, it is available on my FileFront page, the link is on my sig now...
  11. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

As said by Widget, it's a Marauder, which is a copy of Macross' Zentraudi Officer Pod.

It was not included on Mechwarrior series (but MW2, maybe) because of copyright issues, but I think it is in one of the MekTek Mechpacks.

It is also one of the coolest mechs IMHO :D
  12. Kjev

Kjev Member

Zecks did a nice copy of the Marauder. If you can contact him, he may share it with you. Unfortunately, my copy is on my desktop system, which is in for repair still.

K'Jev
    8)
  13. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thanks for the ID and info guys, I can go and do a spot of research now I know its name. I'm guessing there's a bunch of colour schemes. * the green just caught my eye ~ would make a nice coat of paint if it could be reproduced as 3D textures. :thumb::thumb:
  14. custommodellbau

custommodellbau Member

Hello from germany...

Nice Models , nice works
  15. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I'm still working on revised Novacat's PDO, it will be finished on a few days, I hope.

Till there, I will post a WIP pic of a MW4 vehicle :D

This is another MW4 truck that I started long ago, and was on hold till today, as I was bored to finish all the other stuff and wanting something easy to work with ;)

It is a very simple model, I was planning to use it as a tutorial for design a model from scratch, using orthographic views as reference, but I couldn't by lack of time :(

Attached Files:

16. Millenniumfalsehood

Do you think you could do some of the tanks/APCs? I especially liked the Bulldog and Myrmidon.
  17. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Yes, although I don't have enough reference pics to model them (I do have the textures).

However there is a guy from other forum who is going to extract all the stuff from MW4, including buildings and vehivles.

I don't know if he succeed, as I don't have a word from him about it for some time...
  18. Millenniumfalsehood

If you need refs, I think I can dig up the tanks for you, or maybe I could even extract them.
  19. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

MW4 vehicles models are really easy to model, I think I can model the ones that you requested, I would need just few game shots, just to see where the things attach to each other on the model, as the texture fills most of the orthographic information that I would need (hope) ;)

If you can extract them if would make the job even easier, as the only work would be to clean the mesh, I couldn't extract any model from MW4 to date, only the textures, as the meshes are hidden in some way into the game files.
  20. Millenniumfalsehood

Hmm. I looked through the files, and you're right; I didn't find anything that might be a model file except two which are labeled "CLANPAK" and "ISPAK", and they don't have the individual mech files. I'll play a few missions I know have the Myrm and the B-dog, turn on the invulnerability setting, and see if I can get a few screenshots before my lancemates tag them. :thumb: