Me Again - RTS 5.0

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Don't know if anyone else uses this freeware to plan their layout, *but* if you do . . . how come the version I downloaded at work (for lunches only of course) has a different 90-degree crossing than the one I downloaded at home???? The one at work has much, much shorter ends (but I think the only ones I've seen in stores have the longer ends).

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Everything I do at work seems to come up short too, Mike. I think it's a plot. Seriously, the only thing I can think of is that somehow you've managed to get a different library selected at work then at home.
Bill K

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Mike,

Are you sure that you have the same library selected at both locations? The 90 degree crossing they show for the code 55 track has longer "ends" than the one in the code 100 library. They show the one in the code 100 library sans legs because it is a common practice to cut one or more ends (at least in the track plans that Atlas publishes). There is a separate piece (located to the right of the crossing in the library list) that is the "end."

-Rory

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
No question about it. I figure I'll upgrade to 3rdPlanit or whatever it's called when my wife and I start looking for houses, because THEN it would be worth it (half the basement is mine after all). Until then, with only a 4' x 8' to work with, RTS will do me fine.