Me-163 B-0 Komet, Orlik, 1:33

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by fluthecrank, Mar 6, 2007.

1. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

I'm wit you Carl, I needs a vacation from vacation! My wife n kids stay at the shore all summer! HE HE HEH HEH HEH! While I get to stay home and work! Well anyways I do get some building time in then. Anyways Flu, excellant work, enjoy your holiday, Take lots of pictures, and then back at it!
  2. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Schönes Urlaub, Flu!

Your Me-163 'Comet' is beginning to look very nice now - just leave her in the hanger and give her a rest.
    The end of the great war with the 'Verdamte Engländer' and 'Amis' will still be there when you get back . . .

Happy holidays - you deserve it!

All the best,
    Bengt :D
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Flu,

Enjoy your time off!

-Gil
  4. fluthecrank

fluthecrank Member

I´m back

Hi friends,

very intersting times are behind me. I spent two weeks in the the city of the airships, Friedrichshafen (lake constance).

[​IMG]

If I made some pics of the internal structure, very impressive.........

best FLU
  5. fluthecrank

fluthecrank Member

I´m back

Hi friends,

very intersting times are behind me. I spent two weeks in the the city of the airships, Friedrichshafen (lake constance).

[​IMG]

If I made some pics of the internal structure, very impressive.........

best FLU
  6. smyfe

smyfe Member

Welcome back Flu, I took my son and her indoors on a day trip today to the RAF Museum at Cosford here in the Uk, I fell for the TSR 2 but my wife and son fell for the Me 163 on display. I showed them this thread when we got back and now they are as eager as I am to see your model. The wife said I should build one until she saw your build, and even she says I need a lot more practice to get any where near your standards.:) Keep up the great work.
    Mick
  7. smyfe

smyfe Member

Welcome back Flu, I took my son and her indoors on a day trip today to the RAF Museum at Cosford here in the Uk, I fell for the TSR 2 but my wife and son fell for the Me 163 on display. I showed them this thread when we got back and now they are as eager as I am to see your model. The wife said I should build one until she saw your build, and even she says I need a lot more practice to get any where near your standards.:) Keep up the great work.
    Mick
  8. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Zeppelin NT Airship over Lake Constance/Bodensee

Welcome back, Flu,

I hope you had a wonderful vacation. Thanks for the beautiful picture of the Zeppelin NT rigid airship. I have been following the development of these new airships in Friedrichshafen ever since they were first built. I dream of travelling down to the south of Germany and book myself a Bodensee round-trip flight in one of the new three 'silver cigars'. I would also very much like to visit the Zeppelin airship museum and see the replica of the 'Hindenburg' passenger restaurant and cabins. Did you get a chance to go and see the exhibition?

If you like airships, too, have you seen this airship modelers forum, where most of the models are made out of paper?: http://www.airshipmodeler.com/
    (Gil, 46rob and I are among the members of this very interesting forum, by the way)

More airship pictures, please!
    Best,
  9. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Zeppelin NT Airship over Lake Constance/Bodensee

Welcome back, Flu,

I hope you had a wonderful vacation. Thanks for the beautiful picture of the Zeppelin NT rigid airship. I have been following the development of these new airships in Friedrichshafen ever since they were first built. I dream of travelling down to the south of Germany and book myself a Bodensee round-trip flight in one of the new three 'silver cigars'. I would also very much like to visit the Zeppelin airship museum and see the replica of the 'Hindenburg' passenger restaurant and cabins. Did you get a chance to go and see the exhibition?

If you like airships, too, have you seen this airship modelers forum, where most of the models are made out of paper?: http://www.airshipmodeler.com/
    (Gil, 46rob and I are among the members of this very interesting forum, by the way)

More airship pictures, please!
    Best,
  10. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Thanks Bengt.. Looks like a great forum. Just signed up.
  11. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Thanks Bengt.. Looks like a great forum. Just signed up.
  12. fluthecrank

fluthecrank Member

the changeover from fuselage to wing section.......

Hi Bengt,

thank´s for this interesting link. Of couse I visited the Zeppelin Museum !! Very interesting, if you want I can show some pics..........

The NT airships were in the air over the whole day, but, it´s not a cheap amusement. For a 1/2 hour trip you have to pay 200 Euros, a Sea Round of 2 hours cost 795 Euros (each person) !
    That was too expensive for me.......(me, my wife and two of my daughters.....800 Euros for 30 minutes pleasure........).

By the way, I bought LZ 10 "Schwaben" as a card modelkit, so I started my second project during my holidays.....

But, back to the Me 163.....................

This afternoon I built the changeover from fuselage to wing section !

the prepared parts:
    [​IMG]

edge coloring:
    [​IMG]

the shaped parts:
    [​IMG]
    I tried something new, glueing the parts before assembling
    [​IMG]

and, what should I say, it works !!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bye my friends, and have a nice weekend !!

FLU
  13. fluthecrank

fluthecrank Member

the changeover from fuselage to wing section.......

Hi Bengt,

thank´s for this interesting link. Of couse I visited the Zeppelin Museum !! Very interesting, if you want I can show some pics..........

The NT airships were in the air over the whole day, but, it´s not a cheap amusement. For a 1/2 hour trip you have to pay 200 Euros, a Sea Round of 2 hours cost 795 Euros (each person) !
    That was too expensive for me.......(me, my wife and two of my daughters.....800 Euros for 30 minutes pleasure........).

By the way, I bought LZ 10 "Schwaben" as a card modelkit, so I started my second project during my holidays.....

But, back to the Me 163.....................

This afternoon I built the changeover from fuselage to wing section !

the prepared parts:
    [​IMG]

edge coloring:
    [​IMG]

the shaped parts:
    [​IMG]
    I tried something new, glueing the parts before assembling
    [​IMG]

and, what should I say, it works !!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bye my friends, and have a nice weekend !!

FLU
  14. fluthecrank

fluthecrank Member

gathering dust ??

Hi GB,

yes, I read the kits, but in case of bad weather I always take my modeling equipment with me, :oops: so I´m always able to start a build and so I did with the Schwaben. But at first I want to complete the Me 163.......don´t worry, I will report about the build of the airship in our forum !

best FLU
  15. fluthecrank

fluthecrank Member

gathering dust ??

Hi GB,

yes, I read the kits, but in case of bad weather I always take my modeling equipment with me, :oops: so I´m always able to start a build and so I did with the Schwaben. But at first I want to complete the Me 163.......don´t worry, I will report about the build of the airship in our forum !

best FLU
  16. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Excellent model build! I have always been fascinated by these aircraft. I read an interesting book called Rocket Fighters, written by one of the pilots of these little beasts. Based on what I read, it certainly took guts to fly one. I am enjoying your work on this model very much.
  17. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Excellent model build! I have always been fascinated by these aircraft. I read an interesting book called Rocket Fighters, written by one of the pilots of these little beasts. Based on what I read, it certainly took guts to fly one. I am enjoying your work on this model very much.
  18. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Glueing Parts Before Assembly

Hi flu,

What an excellent idea to glue the thin parts together and atatch them as one piece to the model! That must make them a lot easier to align as well.

Thanks for the info on the Zeppelin NT airship flights - I´d better start saving some money for a round trip ticket over Lake Constance . . .

Thanks for an interesting thread with a beautiful build (as usual)!
  19. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Glueing Parts Before Assembly

Hi flu,

What an excellent idea to glue the thin parts together and atatch them as one piece to the model! That must make them a lot easier to align as well.

Thanks for the info on the Zeppelin NT airship flights - I´d better start saving some money for a round trip ticket over Lake Constance . . .

Thanks for an interesting thread with a beautiful build (as usual)!
  20. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Your build is excellent. I am awed by how well you have aligned the parts.