MD-520 Helicopter

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Hans Christian, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

does anybody know if there's a card model for this little chopper or any of its variants?
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

In my early travels I came across a japanese language site, which had a variety of helicopter models
    OH-6, RSRA(S-72 from Sikorsky), and some other helicopters, the designer, ripped these helicopters from the Microsoft Flight Simulator files.

But as with a lot of sites, this one has dissappeared, or at least I have not been able to get back to the site.

So in answer to your question Hans, no, there is no model of the MD-520 or family

Rick
  3. Hans Christian

Oh I see... Um, do you have the files sir? I think I can pencil-draw some modification parts from the OH-6 since it was the original model for this chopper...

Thanks again sir!!!
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hans,

If I had them, you would have gotten them

Rick
  5. Hans Christian

Oh I see... Thanks anyway sir!!!
  6. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i have this model of the md520 from some jap site (i not found it over the net i found it in kazza)

for me its look an copyright

i will pablish the first page from the model and if any 1 tell me thet its ok i send the full file

but all of this will heppen after my work :)

p.s
    the colors are red wait and some yelow if i reammber ok :)
  7. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Ok, so I was reading this thread and said to myself, I said "self.......that doesnt look like too hard a model to create in my 3d program" (anim8or 3d free software at http://www.anim8or.com/ ) anyway.......after only about 3 minutes I was able to come up with this preliminary "sketch" of a major portion of the model, from just what I remember the hughes 500/MD 520 looked like.
    So, a model could probably be designed fairly easily by anyone who wants to try it. The free 3d program I mentioned above is compatible with both metasequioa and pepakura (for unfolding purposes).
    Anyway here is three (3) very fast minutes of work on the above program and a rough sketch of the helicopters main parts.

I hope this inspires someone to have a go at it, I would but again, I have been working 12 and 14 hr days since last august. ( I know, ridiculous aint it? lol ). So I have provided something for ya'll to think about, go out there and design a "little bird".

have a good day,

greg aka GW

Attached Files:

8. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Ok, unable to sleep and not wanting to mow the yard this evening, I decided to play with my anim8or 3d program abit more with the hughes 500/MD 520.
    As you all know, I am by no means a designer, I just "dabble". However, if any of you want to give this model a try, I do save my work so you could start with what I have.
    anyway, here is what I have done, I added the skids and the tail plane.

Anyway, have a good evening,

greg aka GW

Attached Files:

9. Hans Christian

wow!!! looking good there sir greg!!!
  10. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hans,

I found on the Air Squadron site, an Annex page
    http://kurukurupackn.hp.infoseek.co.jp/annex.htm

this page has couple of OH-6/Md-500 Series helicopters, maybe these are a bit better.

I am waiting on the S-70 helicopters to be released myself

Rick
  11. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hans,

I found on the Air Squadron site, an Annex page
    http://kurukurupackn.hp.infoseek.co.jp/annex.htm

this page has couple of OH-6/Md-500 Series helicopters, maybe these are a bit better.

I am waiting on the S-70 helicopters to be released myself

Rick
  12. Plastic Bonsai

Plastic Bonsai Member

13. Plastic Bonsai

Plastic Bonsai Member