Mayewood Railroaders Goes Corporate

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Leroy,
Just a thought for what it's worth, someone mentioned that the manufacturers are deluged with requests for free stuff all the time. I guess that's understandable. I think if I were in your place I would send out a fax or email of one of those group pictures of the kids with your request. To me that gives some legitimacy to the request, then there is no dought that you are sincere and not just someone trying to scam some free goodies for personal use. Besides, the first person who gets the faxes at our office is the Secretary, and you know how some women are about kids. Never hurts to have someone in your corner on the inside. Some might call that sneaky, I call it creative marketing!!

2slim

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
2slim said:
Leroy,
. Besides, the first person who gets the faxes at our office is the Secretary, and you know how some women are about kids. Never hurts to have someone in your corner on the inside. Some might call that sneaky, I call it creative marketing!!

2slim
Sound`s like sound advice to me, keep up the good fight Leroy, me mate... they are realy worth it...have a good one.. steve

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
That just goes to show the difference in employees and corporations in the way they do business. Its doesn't take any time at all to eamil someone and let them know one way or another there companies policies, and communication is the best way to keep people from getting discouraged. ( Ya ever see the movie Shawshank Redemption ? " I'll send a letter a week, they have to listen ") Just keep sending email till someone responds. :D

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
Thanks guys....I will see what I can do about the photo....not sure about the legalities on that....but it sounds like a good idea....I might even call the companies and tell them what is going on then ask whom I shold fax...maybe that will get better results.

77Railer

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
Broadway Limited

Internet Trains

Trains-usa

Jays Trains.com

Bachmann - waiting for response

Central Hobby

Mainlinehobby

A-Line
Atlas - sending 50 pcs of various track.

Accurail - sent 12 cars of various roadnames

Alpine Models

American Model Builders

Intermountain Railway

DigiTraxx

Kadee
biggrin.gif
- Contacted 02-16-05...sent couplers, coupling system, and 8 frieght cars

Katousa

Life-Like - Awaiting Response

WoodlandScenic

MRC - Sending 3 prodigy handheld units.

Model Railroad Magazine - Sent literature on various topics.

Gonna keep pushing foward....try try try......77Railer

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
:thumb: Yes we are in the process of doing that now. Here is the latest update......

Broadway Limited

Internet Trains

Trains-usa

Jays Trains.com - unable to help at this time.

Bachmann - sent two dcc systems, 6 dcc engines, and 6 catalogs

Central Hobby

Mainlinehobby

A-Line

Atlas - sent 50 pieces of track

Accurail - sent 12 cars of various roadnames

Alpine Models

American Model Builders - faxed and waiting reply

Intermountain Railway - sending rock island A and B unit dcc ready

DigiTraxx - agreed to supply every engine we get with decoders.

Kadee
biggrin.gif
- Contacted 02-16-05...sent couplers, coupling system, and 8 frieght cars

Katousa

Life-Like - Awaiting Response

WoodlandScenic

MRC - Sending 3 prodigy handheld units.

Model Railroad Magazine - Sent literature on various topics.

GHQ Models - sending set of models for the layout

Things in red are updates from previous post.

Glad to see some of the big boys stepping up. They have been really generous. Thanks to everyone who has been with us on this whole deal. I appreciate it. I cant wait till tomorrow...track is getting laid...Im so excited,lol. Everything seems to be falling in place....one step at a time.

77Railer:thumb:

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
scaletree.com has jumped on board and agreed to send us trees for our layout. should prove to be very interesting trees, they use wire for the trunks and branches...cant wait to see them.

77Railer

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
hey there Leroy, how about some more pix, that layout must have come on by leaps and bounds, would like to see what you and the gang have been up to mate.. give em my best... have a good one..steve

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Leroy
Try these guys Scenic Express they seem to have a good selection of stuff. BTW can't remember if Accurail came through for you but they also have scenery products on their website called "Sunlit Vistas" try hitting them up again, maybe mention WS wouldn't help :thumb:

2slim