Maybe we can start a.................

Tyson Rayles

George Roberts Printing kitbashing forum!:D Catt showed you his n-scale version so for what it's worth here's mine. The kit is the same from left to right but a third less from front to back. Matters weren't helped much when I found out a whole tree of windows and doors were missing (Hooby shop got Walthers to replace em') some of the windows didn't fit and the front wall was warped. All in all though I think it came out allright.

Attachments

• gr1.jpg
    gr1.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 222

Tyson Rayles

On the back side I used leftover wall sections from some DPM kits to make the "old" section of the building. I left the stand for the old water tower on the old building, but no tank under the guise it had started leaking I made a newer seamless tank out of a cap off of some type of deodorant for the new part of the building. Various roof details are from the junk box as well as the odds and ends piping and ductwork. I planted Kudzu over the old section to give it that southern look (also hides defects in the seams in a couple of spots :D ) The open door in front of the truck has furniture and people in it. The "concrete" loading dock is basswood. And Catt's right about the fire escapes, but I got em' by golly even if you can't easily see em' :D .

Attachments

• gr2.jpg
    gr2.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 220

bobrien

Tyson that is really great.
The ivy is a good touch and the 'old' part of the building really looks the part.
I can only hope my finished work(s) come out half as good :)
There is nothing like attention to detail....
(are we rating these works on an "out of 10 scale yet?" :D :D :D

Drew1125

Great work, Tyson...
It's good to see what the other"kit-manglers" are up to! :D
You know sometimes I've found that those kits with missing pieces can work to your advantage, by forcing you to come up with something different & original, to hide the gaps, & flaws...(boarding up windows, putting up an addition to hide a hole in a wall...or how about cudzu to cover some gaps? :) )
I think it comes down to that old proverb, "If life hands you a lemon, make lemonade."

Tyson Rayles

Thanks for the kind remarks guys! I guess I should have stated that the building is now the Carolina Furniture Co. Boxcars are pushed inside the building so the furniture can be loaded out of the weather, the dock is just for receiving. :)

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Tyson, I love the vines growing on the building in your second picture. De Ja Vue though didn't I see this somewhere else or it could have been another similar building.

Tyson Rayles

Yeah Robin, a month or so ago I posted it in the n/z forum but didn't go into the why's and how's. Being I haven't gotten off my a** and finished something new ...........:eek:

Tyson, Your model is great, it has all the ingredients thats sets the scene .... Colour, Contour and Texture.....lot's to look at and admire. Well done.

Errol

Tyson Rayles

Thanks , there is a part two to this. I had to make a tank car unloading station for the factory cause of a curveball Charlie threw me. Hope to get some pics posted in the next day or two.