Maybe a new way to make Decals?

I think I may have made a very cool find ... possibly a new way to make custom decals. It's some sort of a mini silk screen setup, that appears to be very easy to use. I have no idea what the price might be (but I should know soon...) This is cool, because, like the Alps printers (which are getting harder to find (as are the inks), and more expensive), it can print white & metallics & pearlized (especially interesting to me, as I am trying to replicate the Scotchbright effect seen in the lettering of so much modern equipment).

http://www.gocco.com/prod.HTM

What do you all think?

Chris

hminky

It looks interesting to me. That is how decals used to be printed, silk screening. If I didn't have an ALPS and ink i would probably look into the system

Harold

The Gocco printers are temporarily unavailable (in the general marketplace...they're on eBay), as an Austrailian company has bought the manufacturer...and made the product even easier to use, more versatile, and CHEAPER (my understanding after conversing with a local retailer).

Here is a great link to the current manufacturer, with videos of each step of the process. It's very cool - the screens come pre-coated with dry emulsion, and old-fashioned single-use flashbulbs expose the screen & remove the material from the image area in one step - no wet chemicals or emulsion washout involved. The other cool thing is that multiple colors can be printed at the same time (and traditional multi-layer prints can be made as well).

http://www.nehoc.com.au/

As for the cost, the large "professional" system was priced on the net at around $600 (and unused sets were selling on eBay for $150), but the redesigned smaller units (which should handle model RR decals nicely) should retail new for between $100 - $200 (numbers given to me by the retailer I talked to). Plus the expense for expendables (more screens & flashbulbs).

Seems like a good deal to me.

Chris

hooknlad

That machine looks pretty sweeet !!!!!!! I wanna get one as soon as i can get my hands on one. Ill do a product review for you all once i get one.