May 04 Photo Contest: Archive Scratchbuilt or Kitbash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon-monon

OK, the rules are the same as before, one photo per contest, must be your own model and photograph, it may have been posted elsewhere. Please keep the size of inserted photo's within the-gauge's attachment limit of 640 X 480.

Kind comments are always welcome in the contest thread. Please ask here, if there is any question, and lets see those awesome entries again!!!!

I've extended the contest to May 28, do to the riots.

Great contest folks, a very close race, and Shamus took First Place, by a nose. A real Photo finish :D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

F

Fred_M

This is showing off the white LED pole lights I have made along with some other scratch and bash stuff. This was shot in total darkness, the only light was from the layout lighting. FRED

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 422

shamus

Registered Member
Here's my Scratchbuilt sawmill.

Shamus
n06.jpg

jon-monon

That's a great one Jim!

I couldn't find mine and had to do it over from the original image. Here she goes!

Attachments

• generator-entry.jpg
    generator-entry.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 372

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
My entry is the old fossil fuel burning power plant that serves the heavy industrial area on my layout

Attachments

• pap.jpg
    pap.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 368

JBBVry

retry on posting this here.

this is the south yard on the Johnson & Big Beaver Valley Ry all buildings are Scratch Built and the cars are Kitbashed somewhat.

Attachments

• yard shops.JPG
    yard shops.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 360
The freight house on the left was scratchbuilt board-by-board. The freight house on the right is a kitbashed DPM kit.

Attachments

• FHfinished19w.jpg
    FHfinished19w.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 341
I was keeping this for June contest

I thought June contest was to be "Scatchbuilt Bridges" and was going to enter this next month.
I scratched both the Warren Truss and the foreground bridge from a combo of balsa and basswood strips. The trees are also scratched ,let's hear it for the wife's broom, (I guess she'll not be doing much flying from now on :D :D :D ).

Don't tell her I said that!!!!!!!!

Errol

Attachments

• 21_05_04 May_Scratching_Contest.jpg
    21_05_04 May_Scratching_Contest.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 300

Locobreath

Here is my second attempt at getting the railimages link to work (for the Kitbash Photo Contest.)

Yes, the victorian roof and stairs took a long time. GULP! :wave: :wave:

aaf.jpg

RailRon

I tried my hand on the conversion of an N engine (ATLAS 0-8-0) into a H0n30 lokey. This is the 2-6-2 loco #24 of the Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes RR. It's lettered for the 'Sandy River Northern', a layout based on the Maine two-footers (which I never finished :( ).

Apart from the loco mechanism, the wheels & the trucks, everything else is scratchbuilt (of course with some Cal-Scale and Kemtron brass castings).

Ron

Attachments

• SRN#24-1.jpg
    SRN#24-1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 300

Ray Marinaccio

Here's a kit-bashed MDC shay

I wanted to take another photo outdoors but the weather hasn't been co-operating.

Attachments

• Feb02013.JPG
    Feb02013.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 273
Status
Not open for further replies.