May 04 Photo Contest: Archive Diorama or Mini Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon-monon

Due to dial up problems, I will make a slight modification to the rules:

Same as before, your own photograph(s) of your own diorama or mini scene which is not part of your layout at the time the photo's are taken.

You may insert up to four images that are up to 250 pixels wide and no more than 30KB in size (use the insert image tags). These maybe thumbnails to larger images on your site up to 640 X 480.

You may also attach up to four photo's within the-gauges size limits of 640 X 480. This may be in addition to the above, but they are to be the same photo's, except for sizing. This is done using the Attach Files/Manage Attachments button and uploading all the photo's at once.

If anyone attaches photo's, and does not insert smaller ones, I will be happy to create the smaller ones and insert them for you using my own web site for hte duration of hte contest. I hope this is not too confusing, but it should allow up to 4 photo's with the same performance as a regular contest, even to those on dial up. Only small photo's should appear automatically, or one large photo if only one is entered.

Kind comments are always welcome in the contest thread. Please ask here, if there is any question, and lets see those awesome entries again!!!!

Also, I'll leave the contest open until June 1, extended due to unrest.

F

Fred_M

Just 1 pictures all I have. It's a mini scene using the building i built in the layout party. FRED

dusk.jpg

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
My entry. LPBs unloading a box car at Templar Tombstones.

Attachments

• md.jpg
    md.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 536

Drew1125

A K&I crew waits "in the hole", for a freight to clear the main

Attachments

• brakeman1.jpg
    brakeman1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 483
In for a penny, in for a pound

Wave bye bye to the train you should be on :wave: :cry:

Errol (Ok, so I changed my mind about entering :p )

Errol

Attachments

• 15-05-04 May Contest.jpg
    15-05-04 May Contest.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 479

Ray Marinaccio

I turned an old garbage can upside down threw some dirt on it, placed a piece of track on then did some landscaping with my fingers.
Does this qualify as a diorama?
Unfortunately it was destroyed by one of those Dewey crosswinds that blew it halfway across the yard.

Attachments

• May14004.jpg
    May14004.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 448

JBBVry

well i feel real stupid now. but thanks for the info.

here is a shot of the south yard or the Johnson & Big Beaver Valley Ry engine 101 being worked on just out side the big speeder shead.

Attachments

• 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 415
Here are three photos of my Majestic Hardware diorama.

Attachments

• MajHard22ws.jpg
    MajHard22ws.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 431
  • MajHard20ws.jpg
    MajHard20ws.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 437
  • MajHard23ws.jpg
    MajHard23ws.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 416

joegideon

Stormy Night in Mount Gideon

Mount Gideon, PA. Terminus of the Pennsy's Mt. Gideon branch... It's 1953 and the die is cast. The Decapod is letting go one of its last black blasts, while the FMs and Alcos look on. And The Shark is carefully waiting its turn. But for now, steam... and Pennsy steam, at that, is stil KING! Today, we see a 2-8-0, a 2-10-0, and even an M-1a 4-8-2 at Mt. Giddy. As I recall, there was a K4 4-6-2 at the head of those maroon cars.

All this is N scale, of course. Key made the steamers, Atlas, Life Like and E-R built the diesels. Mount G. is a 2 X 4 module, built to STrak standards... That's Snyder-Trak. I am an O gauger/On3-er... but there's just something about the little critters...

Attachments

• ICRR-m_PRR_StormyEvening3.jpg
    ICRR-m_PRR_StormyEvening3.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 395

Glen Haasdyk

I hope it's not too late to enter. Here's my entry. CNR Climax #1 is just running past Stan's sawmill to the logging area up the switchback.
aal.sized.jpg

jmarksbery

N-SCALE. The first is an overview of a 2' x 2' diaroma. Hayes Station (upper) and Boston Bottoms.

Attachments

• Overview.JPG
    Overview.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 345

jmarksbery

2nd is the west end showing bridges and dam. (please excuse the lighting, it just rained and poor light)

Attachments

• West side.JPG
    West side.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 337

jmarksbery

3rd is a view of the Eastside with the N-Scale version of the John Allen station

Attachments

• Eastside.JPG
    Eastside.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 338

jmarksbery

The last is on the Eastside also looking down the road is KettleStacks, Feildmann Creamery and Jenny Mill to the right. All are scratch built and one kitbash.

Attachments

• KettleStacks.JPG
    KettleStacks.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 156

nalmeida

The classical lake scene!

Well, this one was done specifically for this competition, I followed the thread, or should I say idea, initially presented by Paul. I didn't had enough time to finish it as I wanted but I'm still entering the competition. Keep in mind that this is the first water scene I've done so I've just been learning, in any case and since competition is just too strong I'm happy just entering it :)

Attachments

• dio_1.jpg
    dio_1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 148
  • dio_2.jpg
    dio_2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 155
  • dio_3.jpg
    dio_3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 148
  • dio_4.jpg
    dio_4.jpg