Mat's Workshop (N Gauge)

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Back in the boom days of the Colorado's expansion of railroads, Mat, who was a genious when it came to mechanical things, settled close to one of the railroads.
It wasn't long before he set up in business fixing anything that was broken. The locals respected "Wee Rob" (this was an affectionate nickname they gave him), for he never shortchanged them and always guaranteed his work.
He built his modest workshop from the materials close at hand.
Today modern visitors look at this structure and wonder what happened to the pioneer who had the courage to head off into the wilds and contribute to the area's well being. Nostalgia is what they feel as this now sad neglected building stands sentinel, a reminder of the halcyon days, regrettably now gone.

Roumor has it that Wee Rob eventually felt the wanderlust for a quieter way of life and headed northeast where the fishing was said to be just out of this world. Some even say they heard of a guy called "Wee Rob" in the Mayberly area of Ontario.

Errol

Attachments

• mats w-shop.jpg
    mats w-shop.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 211
C

Catt

Tis' a wee bit impressive I'd say :D

Just imagine what a layout would look like if all the basher's and scratcher's on the Gauge got together to do all the buildings,and then build the scenery. :D :D :D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Errol!
Y'know, I've always had this dream of building a layout based on a short line somewhere in the Appalachian Mtns. sometime around 1930...
The structures you've been letting us see here, are exactly what I would need for such a project...
I want to thank you for showing me something in a model form, that I, up til now have only had floating around in my head!
Very, very nice work, my friend.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Errol...BINGO!! I'm impressed!!!! And a "history" to boot too!!!!!

BTW.... There's a little short guy named Rob that works in the machine shop of The East Terrible Mining Co up in Homasote, Colorado.....could it be!!!!.......Naaaah....Guess not!:D :D