Mass Effect : Fighter

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by blaar, Sep 28, 2011.

1. blaar

blaar Member

Thought the Normandy was in need of some support / excort.

Seems like an easy model to clean up and should be available soon. :thumb: Only problem is I have never done any ships or planes so we will see how this goes.

Man, I really need to settle down on a project now. Star Wars / Front Mission and now this.

If there is such a kit available please let me know so I can stop working on it and focus on something else instead.

Attached Files:

2. blaar

blaar Member

Oky, I don't know how you guys normally build these type of things so I have split the hull into several parts. The top and the bottom of the hull are not symmetrical so I have tried to split it mostly that way. It is my theory ..... yeah yeah, I know (NOOB sign1 ), that I would rather build a couple of small parts than one big part, normally it is easier to build in most cases and if you mess one part up you can rebuilt it , instead of building the whole big part again.

Only down side is lots of joints.

Ah well.

Lemme know if you guys think I should change the hull.

Attached Files:

3. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Looks good so far... er.. blaar... (Rhyme not intended) :D

One thing I can say is that the parts look like they will work on screen but some difficulty issues only become apparent during the test build. Had to rework a few parts on the Mako myself.
  4. MTK

MTK Active Member

Looks good, shoot, I'd build it.... as soon as I get some of the others finished.:thumb:
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That is one Badass looking ship!
  6. blaar

blaar Member

Cleaning of the mesh done ........ Apart from the main hull the rest should be pretty easy to build. I have also split the wings up into 3 parts.

A quick overview in pepakura shows that there are only 48 parts. Can't remember if I ever had a model with so few parts to unfold .......... yeaaayyyyyyyy.

As for scale, I don't think I will scale this to match the Normandy, but I will release it in two scales, one scaled relatively big, another scaled to the Normandy.

Just one question , if I want to scale it for the Normandy (Lets use sisquarrel's Normandy", what dimensions should I make it ?

Attached Files:

7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Were you planning to let the file be able to use the "Copy Development to Clipboard" Option for printing and scaling options? :)
  8. blaar

blaar Member

I always release my PDO's unlocked :)

Those who want to tinker with my unfold or scale etc etc can do so, since I know my way of unfolding is far from perfect.

I will even scale it for those and export to PDF for those who don't have the designer version :)
  9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That's really excellent of you. I didn't want to be presumptuous. It's a nice looking fighter. I am always tempted to take one of these models, run it Through Rhino and make a none folding type model. I don't play these games so i don't know enough about what is in there. Nice job!
  10. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Whoa! Nice-looking fighter you got there! :thumb:
  11. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Looks Great. Can't wait to see the build.
  12. blaar

blaar Member

Sorry no build pics from me, out of ink and space, lol, need to put up some more shelves since my Mechs are taking up all the space.

Any way, I have released the model in Beta (I am fairly confident all will fit well so I am keeping my fingers crossed to whom ever tries out the model)

Download from either my page or from paper modelers.
  13. JHSurf

JHSurf Member

Just saw an advertisement for ME3 coming out march of 2012.
  14. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I fell in love with this model. I printed out pages, 7 total believe to file, as .jpegs. By using the "Export work to clipboard option". I think this was extremely kind of you do to do this. I have no idea what scale it is, but I am going to try to get my son to build it with me over the summer. This was such a nice model. This openess in sharing something I need to learn. The mydels I do are not rips from games, and there are not copyrights involved. SO they could be sold. I just fear that within a week, they would be hijacked over all over the world. This is why I ave not released thee two particular models I am speaking about. Thanks, a lot for your contribution. If I do release any of my work. there is a groupe of people that will be getting P.M.'s asking if they would agree to some simple conditions, I will give them the models. Those people are only on this forum, better said, members of this forum (not only this forum). I know good people in many forums I would trust. I an a little leery how some would protect my work. Allen Tam, Goodduck, chose a good method, and it has worked out well for him. One of the more Brilliant modelers, alog with Goldenbear, that I have had the pleasure to know. That is leaving out a rather large group though, to be honest. Like, ARMORMAN, SILVEROXIDE, SJSSquirell, Blaar, it goes on. And, they're all here!:thumb: :) !
  15. anthony344

anthony344 Member

Well said & amen to that.:thumb: , this is one big happy family that we all share together & we enjoy every moment in designing , developments & building them to show all of us what we have achieved in.:mrgreen:
  16. Johnny Cheung

Johnny Cheung New Member

and the main point is that, the model could be made into very small and palm size scale, where the parts are not as complex as what a 7 page model expected :)