Masamune Washington's rx78-2

lhasarus

Oct 26, 2005
I'd like to say hello to everyone here and present one of my first bulid up card models. After searching the net for couple of days I found this model of Masamune Washington. It was much fun building it and with this thread I'd also like to thank the creator.

As you can see in the pictures added below I tried to build it in an action pose which was a little tricky to accomplish but has a great stability because of the low balance point.

RX-78_papr_01.jpg

RX-78_papr_02.jpg

RX-78_papr_03.jpg

RX-78_papr_05.jpg

GEEDUBBYA

Sep 26, 2005
PINE BLUFF, ARKANSAS
Howdy lhasarus,

First let me welcome you to the forum, we are glad to have you here. The model looks great! I know I can speak for others when I say we look forward to seeing more as you build them. Masamune posts here and I am sure you and he will "see" each other as you look around the forum. Another person who I think will really like this model is "Getter 1", he is an avid animee robot enthusiast. I think you will find many new friends here, all who are eager to answer any questions you may have.

Again, welcome to the forum,

Have a nice day,

Greg aka gw

Getter1

Jun 28, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hey Ihasarus,

Good lookin build. You can never go wrong with a Gundam. I satrted this model but the RX-78-1 instead. I haven't finished it and may have to start over agian as I printed it out on construction paper and it's proving a bit thin and flimsy.

If you like Macross I highly reccomend Masamure's Chibi Valkryie :D

Getter 1
John

lhasarus

Oct 26, 2005
Hi Getter1,

I build the chibi valhyrie blue version before building this model. Its also a good model but looks a bit clubsy (ummm...like the prefix chibi implements ^^ ).
Imho its a bit too large if you compare it with the sd series of bandais gundam plamos (i build the hyaku-shiki one after completing the rx-78-2 paper model).
My first paper model was a gerwalk version of the standart valkyrie which looks very good but I dont post pictures of this model because I dont know if it is a pirated version I downloaded from the web (dont know anymore where I got this model so...).

SteveM

Jan 17, 2004
Northboro, MA
lhasarus said:
Hi Getter1,

I build the chibi valhyrie blue version before building this model. Its also a good model but looks a bit clubsy (ummm...like the prefix chibi implements ^^ ).
Imho its a bit too large if you compare it with the sd series of bandais gundam plamos (i build the hyaku-shiki one after completing the rx-78-2 paper model).
My first paper model was a gerwalk version of the standart valkyrie which looks very good but I dont post pictures of this model because I dont know if it is a pirated version I downloaded from the web (dont know anymore where I got this model so...).

I'd bet it was from "Shun-Pop"
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/Gallery/VF-1S/VF-1S.html

If so, then NOT pirated.

SteveM