Marvin Beta Build

P

paulhbell

Not sure what models to have a go at, although I do like the figures. There are loads of space/sci-fi/airplane and boats/ships out there. I have talked about building a 1/200 hms cornwall type22 frigate on another thread,( I already have the plans from a 1/96 'sirmar' hms cornwall, so that should be easy'ish). But I DO LIKE THE FIGURES.

I do have 2d/3d cad cam experience from when i was able to work in engineering, so that may help.

As for what next to build, I am going to help my niece build her 'car' models. Then i have a list about 10 miles long, so not sure what to build.

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
Kit Now Available Online!!!

Ah bugrit!!

Model and instructions are now available for download at http://www.bazookajo.me.uk

Merry Christmas one and all - and god bless Tiny Tim:grin:

P.S. I have problems viewing the kit online - I get error : "Error Reading Linearized Hint Data" - If I right click and save file it's fine?!?!?

If anyone else has the same problem (or a solution) let me know.

Z

Zathros

Many Many thanks!! A fantastic model. One of my all time favorite characters. You model is the best.

Chthulhu

BazookaJo said:
Ah bugrit!!

Millennium hand and shrimp!

BazookaJo said:
Model and instructions are now available for download at http://www.bazookajo.me.uk

Many thanks, sir! I only learned of this project a day or two ago, but I must say that I am very impressed, both with your model and your instructions. My only nitpick is that what you call a "tutu" is in actuality a "peplum." <G>

BazookaJo said:
P.S. I have problems viewing the kit online - I get error : "Error Reading Linearized Hint Data" - If I right click and save file it's fine?!?!?

If anyone else has the same problem (or a solution) let me know.

This is a not uncommon problem with Adobe Reader used as a plug-in, alas. Downloading for use off-line is *always* recommended.

Mike Hungerford

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
Chthulhu said:
Millennium hand and shrimp!

Many thanks, sir! I only learned of this project a day or two ago, but I must say that I am very impressed, both with your model and your instructions. My only nitpick is that what you call a "tutu" is in actuality a "peplum." <G>

This is a not uncommon problem with Adobe Reader used as a plug-in, alas. Downloading for use off-line is *always* recommended.

Mike Hungerford

Hi Mike - Big thanks for the feedback.

Peplum it is :grin: - I'll change the instructions on my site (who new building Marvin could be so educational).

Hope you don't mind but I've got a link to your site - will do a sidelink graphic when I get more time:)

And thanks for the Adobe tip.

Best regards

Paul.

cjd

Jun 14, 2006
Many Many Thanks for a wonderful model on Christmas day

Merry Xmas to all

Chris

B-Manic

Peripheral Visionary
Nov 27, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Beta Marvin Complete

I finally finished the model.

The build was very interesting. I've never built a figure before. Instructions are good but pictures could be clearer. colours are great. Construction was pretty straight forward, but read the complete paragraph before starting. The steps are in perfect order. The was a problem with the brush but Paul fixed it immediately.

Thanks for a great model and build experience.

Attachments

• marvin done 002.jpg
    marvin done 002.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 173
  • marvin done 001.jpg
    marvin done 001.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 159

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
B-Manic said:
I finally finished the model.

The build was very interesting. I've never built a figure before. Instructions are good but pictures could be clearer. colours are great. Construction was pretty straight forward, but read the complete paragraph before starting. The steps are in perfect order. The was a problem with the brush but Paul fixed it immediately.

Thanks for a great model and build experience.

Hi B-Manic

Your right about the photos - next time I build one (probably the A3 version) I'll try borrow my dad's super new Fujitsu:twisted:

Model looks good, but the torso seems to be rotated about 10 desgrees to Marvin's left - was this on purpose (i.e. your own mod) or was this the impression you got from the instructions?

Best Regards

Paul

B-Manic

Peripheral Visionary
Nov 27, 2006
BazookaJo said:
Hi B-Manic

Your right about the photos - next time I build one (probably the A3 version) I'll try borrow my dad's super new Fujitsu:twisted:

Model looks good, but the torso seems to be rotated about 10 desgrees to Marvin's left - was this on purpose (i.e. your own mod) or was this the impression you got from the instructions?

Best Regards

Paul

No, it was not because of the instructions. I did it that way on purpose. I plan on adding Mike Hungerford's A1 Disintegrator pistol (scaled). So I rotated the torso slightly to maintain the balance

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
B-Manic said:
No, it was not because of the instructions. I did it that way on purpose. I plan on adding Mike Hungerford's A1 Disintegrator pistol (scaled). So I rotated the torso slightly to maintain the balance

Nice one.

I'm hoping to design/build an optional 'pistol' hand for the kit, and will probably try it out when I do my A3 version in a month or so :grin:

Chthulhu

B-Manic said:

25% should be pretty close; I sized the 1:1 pistol to fit my hand, and Marvin's hands are oversized for his height. Please let me know what scale ends up working well, and I'll add a note about it (with a link to BazookaJo's site) to the pistol's page.

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
Let me know how you get on with that. Getting the gun to fit intact with the hand could be a tall order.

As I said in a previous post, for my gun hand I'll probably just build a new hand in 3D with the pistol grip merged into the hand i.e. it will be one and the same model part - I'll then do a simplified box and Cylinder to go on top with the 'A-1 Disintegrator Pistol' logo :-D

B-Manic

Peripheral Visionary
Nov 27, 2006
Mike Hungerford's A1 Disintegrator pistol included, slightly modified. Printed at four pages per page

Attachments

• Ray gun 01.jpg
    Ray gun 01.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 182
  • Ray gun 02.jpg
    Ray gun 02.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 144
P

paulhbell

nice work b-manic.

Bazookajo- has anyone else, apart from beta builders sent photos. It would be interesting to know how many people have built marvin.

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
Nope - I think the beta guys must have set the standards too high :wink:

Had quite a few visits to the web page though* - about 400 unique visitors a day for the first week, and about 40 per day currently, but I think there must be a few regular visitors waiting for me to get off my butt and put something new on - problem is I'm sooo slow at the moment plus I get bored real easy :roll:

*but how many of us download models never to build them :eek:ops:

Regards

Paul.