Marlpost Update

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Here is an update of my modular plans - in three parts.

Andrew

Attachments

• marlpost-aj-v3a.gif
    marlpost-aj-v3a.gif
    4 KB · Views: 80
  • marlpost-aj-v3b.gif
    marlpost-aj-v3b.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 75
  • marlpost-aj-v3c.gif
    marlpost-aj-v3c.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 79

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Hi Robin,

I have built the frames for the two modules making up the town. I have completed most of the buildings, and I have the kits for the others. :) All the rolling stock required for these industries has been acquired ;)

However, with so much other stuff going on (e.g. kids, home renos, etc) it is going very slowly... :(

Andrew

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Thanks guys.

Will - they are HOTrak modules. The middle two are considered "Free-mo" - that is, they have a single main line centred between the front and back. The turntable module is a transition from free-mo to conventional (two main lines at the "front" of the module), and the junction is, well, a junction ;)

Steve - Thanks! and I hope you have a long attention span! It will be a while, I am afraid... Just the nature of my railroading these days... ;)

Andrew

tweet469

Dec 14, 2004
Mason, how did you do your drawings and display them? I have AutoCAD which does great for drawing modules, but I have been unable to post a drawing. I'm pretty good at using the program, but not that hot at using the computer online.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Hi Tweet.

The drawings were done by a friend who is very talented with XTrkCAD. He saved them as gifs (or jpegs, can't recall) and I posted them here. You need to make sure your drawings conform to the specs for The Gauge... there is a thread in the Photo forum about how to post.

Andrew