Marek Junkers JU-87B 'Stuka' 1/33

dansls1

May 7, 2007
Well, being the impatient one I am, I couldn't wait until I finished the current project to print out the next one. This kit is a download from Barnett's. In this case, it's one of the 2 kits I got from Russel's (Amazyah) contest - thanks again!
It comes with a cover sheet, an information page about the plane, 7 pages of parts and 2 pages of diagrams. The plane is very colorful and seemed to print very nicely - although I had to reduce to 94% with my printer to print on 8.5x11" paper.
The diagrams are pretty sparse, but I think there's enough there that I can puzzle it out - but I certainly wouldn't recommend this model for a beginner to planes. Also it appears that the parts to be laminated have their numbers in red - but the kit doesn't actually mention to laminate them (the other Marek kit I got at the same time does).
It's also a 'butt join' fuselage with no joining strips - so hopefully that will work out ok, I've never build a plane with this type of fuselage yet.
Here's a sampling of the pages:

Attachments

• marek ju87b kit review.jpg
    marek ju87b kit review.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 19

hemingway

Jun 26, 2007
Hi Dansls1,

I can see joining strips on the page with the fuselage...:thumb:

Cheers
Bernhard

C

cgutzmer

Maybe its only his smaller ones that have the butt joins. I did a recolor of one of his corsairs and it had the strips now too that I think about it! Its a larger one too. Looking forward to seeing how yours goes :)
Chris

dansls1

May 7, 2007
Well, I just did a quick check of the BF109Z (also 1/33) and it does not have joining strips - so I'm just not sure.

Dragos

Jun 8, 2006
Romania
Hello dansls1, I have a small question for you : How thick was the paper that you used ?
I'm confused. I know that for the digital models the best solution is a combination of 120 and 160 g/m2 paper, especially for those in 1:72.
I've asked you because Bartnett's site has a Marek IAR-80, I've got my IAR-80 from Moduni.de , and the germans don't offer digital models , only printed ones. The model is printed on 160g/m2 card and I'm afraid that is too thick.
Regards

dansls1

May 7, 2007
I printed on 67 lb. white 'cover stock'. That equates to approximately 180g/m2 card from what I can tell on conversion sites (Paper Weight - Conversion Chart). That is what I built my GeeBee on and checks out to be the same thickness (~0.2mm) as the printed kits I've purchased (Halinski and Modelik, thus far).

sakrison

Banned
Jul 5, 2006
I built Marek's 1/33 Ju-87 in desert colors, a few years ago. Very nice kit. No problems that I recall. I'd show you pics but I gave the model away.
--David