Marek Corsair Repaint

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cgutzmer, May 22, 2007.

1. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Ok - now somebody has to come up with a method to duplicate splattered insects on the cockpit as well (although some of that oil could also splatter it). Although I have a feeling most of us could handle making 'dirty' clear cockpits easier than clean ones ;)
  2. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

I'm back. After a long hiatus, I'm finally getting back to this model. I ripped off the inner cabin skin and printed off a new one. After sanding the cockpit formers a bit, and fitting the cabin and fuselage skins numerous times, I was able to get the skins to fit properly. I haven' tried putting the dashboard back in though. Perhaps tomorrow. I've added the front fuselage section to the cockpit, which highlights Chris' cool lightning design. Not sure how to annotate each picture, so I'll do it here: Left side, Right side, Bottom (note gap - I may trim or replace this part), and top. I have a 1/2 mm gap in the where the fuselage seam is glued together seam but that doesn't account for the large bulge. Either the part is slightly oversized or my abilities are simply inadequate. I did make every effort to ensure that the top and sides of the section fit the cockpit exactly.

Attached Files:

3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Awesome! Glad to see ya round again :)

When you put those two fuselage sections on did they match up right when they came together at the seam (not between the parts, rather when you finished rolling each part into a cylinder) I see that one side looks like it might be a pixel or three off.... otherwise your build looks great so far! That lightning was the hardest darn part.....
    Thanks!
    Chris
  4. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Chris,

I think that the lightining on the starboard side did seem off slightly, but if you look at the blue line above it, that seems off a little too. I'll check again tonight. Worst case, I'll try it again to be sure. Otherwise, the colors are very cool.

Bob
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I saw it was off a bit there too. The lightning looked a bit more off though :) glad you like the colors and thanks for doing the beta for me!
    Chris
  6. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

I looked at the build and it appears that the lightning bolts may be slightly off on the right side. I printed off another sheet and mated parts #6 (cockpit) and #2 to be sure. The bulge this time was on the right side above the lightning and was much smaller than my original build. I couldn't get the bulge to be on the bottom because the glue set up to fast. I'll have to try again using plain Elmers glue rather than tacky glue. The bulge was quite a bit smaller because the ends of part #2 butted together better, and I tried not to fiddle with the fit too much so that the paper would not stretch. Still, the other alignments such as the wing chord outlines are spot on. This concerns me in that I may have to stretch part #6 to accomodate it while still maintaining the panel line alignments. I'm out of ink on my printer so I'll have to pick some up.

Attached Files: