Marek Corsair Repaint

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cgutzmer, May 22, 2007.

1. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Looking good Chris!
    You've gotten further than I had anticipated, already.
    Your lightning looks great to me but you are the Picasso here!
    Still, you have my vote of confidence.

As with anything new, it gets easier the more you do it.
    I'm looking forward to lots of great paint jobs from you!:twisted:

Russell
  2. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

You may think you are proceeding slowly but you are a lot faster than me. It takes me a month to just build even a simple model. Too many hours lost commuting to/from work and the weekends are committed to 'She Who Must Be Obeyed'.
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I am nearly done with the base repaint - a quick shot of the tail.... :)
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

And a shot of my callsign
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Slight modification - decided a bolt that wrapped around the tail might look better :)
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

As Freddie Prinze used to say............. Looooking Goooood!

Keep the shots coming Chris.

john
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

All right! I have completed the repaint. Now its time for someone to help me out. I am looking for a volunteer to beta build my repaint.

I am requesting this because my build time is extremely limited. You could almost say nonexistent. :( Plus when I can build I am slooooow.

The completed build will be featured on the cover of the distribution if Marek so decides to allow the sale of said repaint under his name - all profits shall remain his and go through his standard distributers (who knows) I will also offer for him to give this as a bonus model to be sold along with the original if he prefers. Really he can do whatever he would like :)

Mareks designs are well proven so I am not requesting a build thread - just pics of the completed plane along with high res shots sent to me. You can do a build thread if you like added on to this thread.

You can opt to go with a clear canopy or standard your choice. You will also get full credit as the builder on the cover.

The choice I make on the beta builder will be when you can start, when you can finish and on samples of your work I can find around cardmodels. No offense intended but if I have not seen any of your models I cant very well choose you to model this for the cover ;)

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!
    Chris

*edit* if while building you feel something just doesnt fit in right colorwise or design wise I will make modifications. :D
  8. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Bummer! I'd love to beta but the only pics I've got here are of the Paper Shipwright's mortar boat. I recently built Marek's MiG-15 but my nephew now has it and I didn't take any shots of it. Plus it would probably take me two weeks to get it done.
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I dont understand about the pics of the mortar boat? I would be sending the beta builder my files to build then take pics of the finished product :) maybe I wasnt clear or maybe I am misreading your post - its awefully early for me ;)

A two week timeframe is plenty acceptable :D
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

On a side note, my next recolor will be this same plane with weathering. If I get more than one person interested in a beta build, I will need another for the weathered model. If no one volunteers for this but does for the weathered one I can use that on the cover (if it turns out well - no idea now) If no one volunteers at all then I will just have to rearrange my priorities for a bit ;)
    Chris
  11. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Chris,

The choice I make on the beta builder will be when you can start, when you can finish and on samples of your work I can find around cardmodels. No offense intended but if I have not seen any of your models I cant very well choose you to model this for the cover

I was just responding to your statement above. The only model I've posted on Cardmodels was the mortar boat. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

OH! I get it :) told you it was early ;)

I think you did a good job on that one (I just went and looked again) dont discount yourself ;) at least you are interested.... if you want to do it, shoot me a pm
    Chris
  13. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Chris I'm interested............... but I have volunteered to do Shrike's shrike and I have got to get it going:oops:

Sorry, maybe next time.

john
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

maybe you can do the weathered one for me..... when I get that far :)
  15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

No promises................ but I would like to.

john
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Fair enough - we will see how things stand when i get to that point :)
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Test post but still no takers on the beta....
    Chris
  18. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

As long as we speak about repainted Corsairs, I found an this interesting Corsair camo on a argentinian forum.
  19. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Chris,

I just PM'd you.

Bob
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Cool to both!
    Chris