March 07 photo competition: trains aren't the only way to fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, that's right,it's hard to believe, but there are other means of transportation, so let's consider that for this month's photo competition. We are looking for great pictures of anything to do with transportation. That can be a car, a bus, a scooter, a bike, a truck or possibly even a plane. Oh yeah..... I forgot to mention, that since this is a train forum, there must also be something to do with railroading in the picture as well...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A few hints: envision a line of vehicles waiting at a railroad crossing, or perhaps a bunch of military tanks on flatcars.

One saving grace, the picture can be either from the full-scale world, or from someone's layout or even a diorama.

Just remember, the picture must have been taken by the person that submits it. Also remember, only one picture and one entry per member, otherwise all but the first one that you post will be deleted.

Here are a few specifics:
  • The picture submitted must have one form of transportation in it plus something railroad-related in it as well.
  • Any scale is acceptable, even full-scale.
  • The picture must have been taken by the person submitting it and there can only be one picture per person submitted.
  • Only minor photo editing tools can be used such as cropping or adding smoke or steam.
  • All other general rules apply
  • This contest will close on the morning of April 1st, shortly after I've had my second cup of coffee...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • As usual, the only prize is the pride of winning, and the winner will have their picture placed in the "winner's circle" in the Gallery.
Good luck to everyone that enters, and I hope that's a bunch of you.

johntealn30

Oct 29, 2006
Oldham
www.rjroriginals.co.uk
RJR Entry

I think this fits the bill, a car on a train !!:)

LANDY.jpg

John
RJR Branch Line

beamish

HO & Steam Engineer
Jan 11, 2007
Saskatoon,SK,Canada
Here is a picture i took this past week of the last portion of my layout. It had to be taken down as we moved houses. It was my first layout with some experimenting and various attempts at scenery.

The scene is a rural corner in central Saskatchewan where the CP and CN tracks pass eachother. The roads are a little rough out here. :) dang potholes and frost boils. However the local teenagers like to meet up here before they race their imported sports cars on the nearby highway.

celica_resized.jpg

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
I had a similar idea recently but it seems to be flying like a lead balloon (too specific I guess). This one is better. Glad to see so many running with it. Can it be of a picture I have posted on The Gauge before?

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
TrainNut said:
I had a similar idea recently but it seems to be flying like a lead balloon (too specific I guess). This one is better. Glad to see so many running with it. Can it be of a picture I have posted on The Gauge before?
Yeah, as long as you haven't entered it in a photo contest prior to this you can use it.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Well, this is something I can enter, if I could modify the pics at all:cry: sign1 However, I can use my Hot Wheels Colection and MRR together once again, and I did get a pre-painted pickem' up truck from Woodland Scenics, so I'll try to enter:thumb:

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
UP SD40-2 said:
Heres a shot of "United Transfer" on my current 8'X30" switching layout. :D -Deano

Man I need too get one of those 'State of Maine' cars, and I don't care if I'm modeling a freelanced railway in Ohio!

Roger Wellman said:
Passersby wave at the train, while out for a buggy ride.

That horse certinaly looks busy enough to wait for a good little while...

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
OK, here we have Planes, Trains, Automobiles and a few other modes of transportation. Heading west is a SF freight passing an Amtrak that is picking up passengers at the Santa Maria station. Between the two is a bunch of construction equipment preparing the site for the new electrical substation. Just to the north is the Santa Maria police station with an old paddy wagon parked next to their brand new police helicopter. In the distance is a few other vehicles including a Hummer and a car towing a travel trailer.

Attachments

• Planes trains.jpg
    Planes trains.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 335
Status
Not open for further replies.