Maly Modelarz 1:300 VANGUARD

winr

Hi, I am new here.
Great website and Members!!

Does anyone have any comments on the "Maly Modelarz" 1/300 scale VANGUARD?

Regards and thanks. :)

Richard Winters
Houston, Texas.
USA

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Richard,

Welcome to our group, we are glad to have ya. Now I havent seen the vanguard model you speak of, I am assuming its the missile. If it is and you like building them, might I suggest a few sites, that you may have seen already, but maybe not.

http://www.lansbergen.net/eng/index.htm

http://lhvcc.rustproductions.com/egiftshop/

and there are many more, but I am on my laptop computer right now and not my desktop so I dont have them handy, but If it is space rockets you like I am sure others can suggest some more links you might like, and possibly someone can tell you about the maly vanguard.
( I sure hope you were talking about the missile lol.)
Anyway, welcome again to the group, glad you found us.

GEEDUBBYA (GW) aka GREG

winr

Hi Greg.
Thanks for the welcome!!

I should have been more specific, sorry about that.

It is a British Battleship, the last one I believe.

I stopped building for a while (1/35 WW II armor and 1/32 WW II prop jobs)

I like WW II ships but my eyes aint what they used to be so I thought I'd build em big.

Regards and have a great weekend :)

Richard.

:D

Darwin

Richard, I haven't gotten around to building the Vanguard yet, but my impressions of the kit is the design looks fairly good, the print quality is poor. As one of my mentors once told me, it makes a good practice build. I would recommend scanning the kit, cleaning up the scans as well as you are able to in an image processing program, and then print it out on good quality cardstock. One thing I'm finding out is that the Maly kits can produce some pretty respectable models if you have enough digital graphics skill (and patience) to redraw them. However, because Maly kits are generally considered to be "crude" because of the poor paper and printing quality, they are usually dirt cheap on Ebay, and a good way to develop building skills before trying one of the expensive Helinski or GPM kits.