Maly battleship Potemkin build

paperboy

Feb 16, 2005
South Carolina
First of all let me say that I have a raging case of ADHD HA! I've been sitting and looking at my model of the Infanta Maria Teresa and I want to do something else. I've been building stacks and puzzling over building the overdeck framework for the boats so I took a side trip into my library and pulled out the Potemkin for diversion. It's a great model,i just need to finish it..ADHD again. The same goes with Maly's French destroyer leader Le Terrible
I build the hull, admiring the lines and promptly forgot about it. I think it went in the pool to see if it would float. It didn't. Good thing that it was a scan of the original.
Ok, ADHD buzz aside I'm going back to building the IMT, but first I posted a feww pics of the Potemkin for those pre-Dred fans. It will look good when finished with a big St. Andrews banner flying.

Vernon

Attachments

• bow view.JPG
    bow view.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 173
  • potemkin bridge.JPG
    potemkin bridge.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 140
  • potemkin head on.JPG
    potemkin head on.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 121
  • potemkin stern view.JPG
    potemkin stern view.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 132

Gregory Shoda

Apr 17, 2004
Honolulu, HI
Adhd Ha!

??? I had to ask my wife, who is a teacher, to get a handle on this. Fortunately, she was able to explain it to me. I understand now.

Thanks for compensating us with pictures of the Potomkin in lieu of Infanta Maria Teresa. It looks good so far. BTW: Are you painting it or are you using the printed paper?

Sometimes I go months without doing anything myself (and I'm retired) because of a problem with a model. So I know what you mean.

Again, thanks for showing us your work.

paperboy

Feb 16, 2005
South Carolina
Hey Greg
To answer your question I painted the mast tops,turrets and spots on the hull. I try to not paint but on the Teresa because everything is being made as I go I'm painting pretty much everything.

Vern