Making stuff for a logging railroad.

Gil Finn

have been fairly busy this summer making stuff for a planned shelf type logging rail road which will also have coal mines.

I have kit bashed a lot of ebay structures new and already assembled, made log cars from cheap life like and Bachman flats and acquired a Bachman Cimax and 3 truck Shay, having already a rebuild Roundhouse shay.

I am modeling a town not unlike Thurmond, WV. I was there when the movie Matewan was made by the way.

The coal and mill camps are not made yet, I plan on scratch build company shacks. like the dozens I have seen and been in over the years.

The lumber mill is made from several kits and with kit made sheds and stacks of curing lumber.

For proto types I have used several good books on W Va logging engines and operations.

The small bed room I will but this in will have a life times collection of logging, mining and RR items and decoration.

Candle stick phone, a telegraph set, carbide lamps, hard hats, soft hats, framed pictures and a mounted scrip collection as well as RR passes, mining stock and all kinds of things.

Tonight I am securing chains to log cars.

When I get something to photograph, I will add it here.

Thank you for reading.

Gil Finn

Come read my personal forum, you might get a laff or two.,